LMS + Razor Blade = ????? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-24-2012, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYN5vTRSdMo

With so much talk about LMSs around here, Im suprised nobody has ever said anything about this...

What the heck is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-25-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 359
I don't see what the big deal is? Every type/brand of woofer ever made has been blown at one time or another. (With the exception of maybe a rotary sub.)
He blew it up trying to reach 194db smile.gif

"If Bad Sound Were Fatal, Audio Would Be the Leading Cause of Death."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 12-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Liked: 2274
I think the only thing to discuss is that those guys could have simply unbolted the cone/basket assembly from the motor instead of trying to be all dramatic and crumpling it up like that. It shows that they have no clue how the LMS is constructed - "What's it made of" and "Only two spiders - must be a bootleg LMS". Instant disqualification in my book.

The LMS allows for rapid replacement of the cone in this manner, precisely because SPL competitions are all about destroying your gear. That said, the LMS-Ultra would fall under the SQ category, not SPL. People still SPL drag with them, because they are frikkin' powerful.

Find out more about Mark Henninger at
post #4 of 4 Old 12-25-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

I think the only thing to discuss is that those guys could have simply unbolted the cone/basket assembly from the motor instead of trying to be all dramatic and crumpling it up like that. It shows that they have no clue how the LMS is constructed - "What's it made of" and "Only two spiders - must be a bootleg LMS". Instant disqualification in my book.
The LMS allows for rapid replacement of the cone in this manner, precisely because SPL competitions are all about destroying your gear. That said, the LMS-Ultra would fall under the SQ category, not SPL. People still SPL drag with them, because they are frikkin' powerful.

^ this

data-bass.com
@databass_audio
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page