REW using audyssey mic? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm almost done with my FIRST SUB BUILD and am inquiring about REW as I have a MiniDSP and would like to have a good understanding of REW before I finish my subs. I don't know how all of this works but I have a HTPC that I plan on running REW on. I'm assuming that I just connect the Audyssey mic or the RadioShack Meter directly to the mic in port on my motherboard?

I would like to know if I can use my Audyssey mic that came with my Onkyo PR-SC885 processor. It looks like this:

If not, I have a RadioShack SPL meter #33-2055 that I can use but don't know how to connect it. I'm assuming that I just use an rca to phono plug such as this:

in which I'd just connect the white wire to the radioshack and the other end into my motherboard mic in?

As always, thank you for your help! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I've tried it with that mic, and it is VERY easily clipped with the input. I couldn't get an accurate measurement with it at all. Ended up buying a umik-1 from minidsp
I have also tried using the rat shack meter, but it didn't work well either. It will work if you are manually EQ'ing though.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page