Lilmike's LilWrecker - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old Today, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Thanks for taking the measurement. I made no effort to level-match or anything, just overlaid them quickly to determine how things matched up.

Not bad. Looks to me like there are some room effects and a lowpass in play, but the peaks and troughs match up pretty well to the predictions.

Hope you enjoy the sub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LW SWR 15 comparison plot.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1727673  

Last edited by lilmike; Today at 11:24 AM. Reason: fix pic
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 09:55 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wow just got done reading through the entire thread and I haven't really known about these tapped horns until now. of course I've got the bug and just have to build one for myself. I'm still trying to get a grasp on how loud these things are. I'm thinking of putting one of these in my living room that is open to my kitchen. My living room is quite large at about 9300 cu ft not including the kitchen. Any thoughts on how well this will fill that space? Currently I have one old alpine type R 10" in a sealed inclosure that just doesn't cut it by any means. I just recently bought my house and also just am recently getting more into some halfway decent sounding home theater. I have emptek r55ti towers and of course I wonder if those will not be enough and that I will have to build some better towers to pair with my lilwrecker. Anyways enough rambling, any thoughts one how this would fill the space of my living room? I know some people have multiples of these for half the space that I am trying to fill. I want the full frequency range the tapped horn provides but I don't feel like i need to massage my internals with enough bass to make my kidneys explode. Also is there anyone in Utah that has one that wouldn't mind me taking a listen?
Sponsored Links