QSC for Home Theater continued... - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4
DIY Speakers and Subs > QSC for Home Theater continued...
Elill's Avatar Elill 04:12 PM 05-20-2014
Anyone played with the new QSC PLD amps?.....seems like a god idea, I was going to get a DCP to run the DCA amps.....

rlhaudio's Avatar rlhaudio 05:00 PM 05-20-2014
I thought of placing mine outside as well. It would be awesome for "drive in,, well walk up" movie night.
NWCgrad's Avatar NWCgrad 07:09 PM 05-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elill View Post

Anyone played with the new QSC PLD amps?.....seems like a god idea, I was going to get a DCP to run the DCA amps.....

I am also interested in the PLD amps. The 4 channels w/DSP would be awesome for my 4 Pi mains and flanking subs (subs are in stereo and LPF'd at 200 Hz; obviously they have to be located in proximity to the mains with such wide response). PERHAPS I will buy one this fall.
rlhaudio's Avatar rlhaudio 01:12 PM 06-17-2014
Im going to DIY a new set of QSC speakers. Anyone of this forum interested in building your own 2150's? I'm selling all the OEM parts, you just need to build a box for the dual 15's. I figured I would ask here first before placing an Ad. If your interested. pm me. Feel free to look at my build on here. Search for QSC 2150 clone. I coped chuckies build so I didn't post much of my build.
dan1210's Avatar dan1210 04:49 PM 07-02-2014
Just stumbled on this thread...im looking at some qsc speakers for my ht mainly the sc 1120 with the sr8200 as surrounds, do you think the qsc would be preferred over the jbl 3677? I also prefer the idea of mdf as an enclosure for the surrounds in the sr8200 vs plastic in the jbl surround...
rlhaudio's Avatar rlhaudio 05:47 PM 07-02-2014
I use the SR8101 for rears and they are a solid speaker and produce good bass for such a small speaker. Dispersion is also nice. They would be a great match to either speaker but I would suggest not mixing brands. Stick with QSC or JBL. If you want to save some money and DIY your fronts I have all the oem parts for the sc2150 if your interested XO is already soldiered just plug and play, you just need to build a box. PM me for more info. You can search for Chuckies 2150 clone thread and see the build.
rboster's Avatar rboster 03:47 PM 08-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1210 View Post
Just stumbled on this thread...im looking at some qsc speakers for my ht mainly the sc 1120 with the sr8200 as surrounds, do you think the qsc would be preferred over the jbl 3677? I also prefer the idea of mdf as an enclosure for the surrounds in the sr8200 vs plastic in the jbl surround...
Wondering if you ever picked up the SR8200 surrounds. I would love to hear your thoughts? One strange thing is finding dealers or online options for purchase. I haven't called some regional dealers listed until I've done some research....I didn't want to waste their time.

Anyone else hear or use the SR 8200 or previous models of this surround speaker? Anyone compared to the JBL 8340(A)?

Thanks
Ron
dan1210's Avatar dan1210 08:41 AM 08-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
Wondering if you ever picked up the SR8200 surrounds. I would love to hear your thoughts? One strange thing is finding dealers or online options for purchase. I haven't called some regional dealers listed until I've done some research....I didn't want to waste their time.

Anyone else hear or use the SR 8200 or previous models of this surround speaker? Anyone compared to the JBL 8340(A)?

Thanks
Ron
hey, no not yet, was just about to but im in the process of building my house so ive put it off until i have the cinema room built.
rboster's Avatar rboster 12:36 PM 09-24-2014
Anyone know where to buy the QSC SR speakers online? Film Tech had a webpage selling the speakers, but it's gone (it appears to have been a "test page/site". Or, are they limited to professional theater companies only?
mastermaybe's Avatar mastermaybe 02:45 PM 11-18-2014
After much contemplation I'm going to be going to the QSC K-10's from my month-old JBL EON's. The EONs sound fantastic, but their noise floor is simply too much for me. I suppose in a really large room they might work, but not for me, currently.

I listened to the QSC's and were very impressed with them and they could not be heard at more than a foot away. I considered separate amps and speakers again but this just makes too much sense to me at this point.

James
Manic1!'s Avatar Manic1! 03:03 PM 11-18-2014
I don't understand why people are using P.A. speakers for home theatre.
mastermaybe's Avatar mastermaybe 06:15 PM 11-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic1! View Post
I don't understand why people are using P.A. speakers for home theatre.

I'll see if I can help:

1. Many are very reasonably priced and can offer better performance in lieu of a more home-like aesthetic that many are simply not terribly concerned with- especially so in a dedicated space.

2. They provide more clean, dynamic, output than comparably priced home units for larger spaces.

3. Powered options simplify things a bit (if one were to otherwise utilize outboard amplifiers) and can offer more value, still.

It seems many people need to lose the idea of what they think a "pa" system sounds like. The fact of the matter is that between the speakers themselves and modern room EQ, many PA options flat out out-perform high-end home options. And the k series is no exception...it has bested many such options. The "pa" really simply alludes to the fact that these are "mobile" speakers that can be easily (or at least more easily) transported over their more "permanent" counterparts.

It doesn't necessarily say much- if anything- about the fidelity they offer.

But don't take my word for it: run something like the K Series level-matched and blind against speaker "x" and see what you hear.

James
First ... 2  3  4

Up
Mobile  Desktop