Hey guys...we need something else here... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I want to say something about the "Rallying" project (aka SEOS), and the people that have participated.

This is due, in part, to the reactions I saw to my post about the Zilchlab website.

I don't want anyone here to think I turn my nose up at you guys, none of you. And I certainly don't want to offend any of you.

So if you thought I was doing either of those things, I apologize.

No apology should ever come with a "but" in the middle, all should end with a "period." So consider this to be the end of my statement.

================================================================

I do have another comment I want to make though, this one more to let you know a little more about me. I want to explain myself because I feel somewhat misunderstood here. I feel as though I were an outsider, even though most of the regulars here are embracing a technology that I have worked on my whole life.

My introduction to AVS was by way of the thread posted by Жека about my H290C waveguide. I won't get into the details of that thread - you can click the link to read it, if you want - but it felt like the SEOS group was trying to belittle my waveguide, and I was shocked. I was shocked mostly because the H290C waveguide is an excellent device. But I was also surprised because most of the regulars on the SEOS threads are people I would consider to be friends, or at least friendly aquaintences. So I think I felt some amount of betrayal.

I later learned that Chris Becker had similar feelings with respect to the Econowave. That's why I posted about the Zilchlab website. It seemed to me that SEOS enthusiasts would want to reach out and help out. There has been a whole lot more effort exerted on various activities than what it would take to ensure Zilchlab.com remained online.

It has been said that it looked like I thought you guys were ungrateful or some such thing. I don't know that I would have worded it like that, but I have already told you I felt a bit like an outsider, maybe even a little abandoned and betrayed. I just would have thought I would have been more welcomed. I never expected this kind of reception.

So I just wanted to let you know that part of my reactions here are influenced by what I've seen happen here. I didn't just come in here loaded for bear. I would have expected AVS to be a very welcoming environment with like-minded people, and was met with some disrespect, even hostility. Not sure I understand why, to be very honest.

Pi Speakers, Econowave and SEOS should all be pretty much on the same page, as they once were.

Pi Speakers has been making constant directivity cornerhorns since 1978, and DI-matched two-way speakers since 1983. The H290C waveguide used in our line of speakers is very much like the SEOS15, and is deeper and narrower than the SEOS12. The H290C uses a catenary flare profile, configured with an OS/EC transition, as prescribed in the literature as one of the three coordinate systems (all based on catenaries) that provides smooth propogation of wavefronts. So my waveguide gives exactly the performance one would want in the 12" form factor. Seems like a welcome addition to any audio enthusiast's catalog of choices for HF waveguides.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page