Audio Artistry/Dayton Audio CBT36 kit demo at CES - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 30
We demoed the CBT36 kit at CES. I made a video to demonstrate the coverage uniformity by recording the audio using the DSLR's on board microphone. I just moved the camera around the room, up and down the array, to and from the speaker etc. It really demonstrates the uniformity of the frequency response. While the fidelity of the camera's microphone isn't that great it's still a good demonstration of the very uniform power response. The video is posted here... http://www.youtube.com/user/mthemaniac?feature=mhee along with a couple other CES video's one of the Sharp 8K 85" TV and a very cool great sounding Polk wireless music player.

mk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-18-2013, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 172
The bigger question is, how did they sound to you? What would you compare them to, as far as other brands and models? These are the CBT line arrays, right?
post #3 of 4 Old 01-18-2013, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

The bigger question is, how did they sound to you? What would you compare them to, as far as other brands and models? These are the CBT line arrays, right?

How they sound is not the point of the video, the uniformity of the dispersion is the point. It's not possible to convey how they sound through a video like this. Yes they are the CBT36 line array kit... http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=301-980 As far as how they sound, "very dynamic" would be a good description. Large surface area means an easy of delivery or "effortlessness" sound quality. Since the video is the speaker + camera mic + youtube compression + your speakers the video is meant only to demonstrate that the sound doesn't change significantly as the camera mic moves close to the speakers, far from the speakers, up/down the speaker etc.

mk
post #4 of 4 Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I heard these speakers at RMAF in 2011. Pretty impressive. I think the word effortless or enveloping would be the proper terminology to use. It was a little bit unlike anything I had heard from any other room. With that many drivers, the sweet spot was huge, and room effects were lessened. I should have spent more time listening to them. You had to get really far off axis (close to the speaker) before the high end rolled off. They would certainly be a challenge to build, but it's a cool concept none the less. They do of course benefit from a subwoofer, and I believe they had 2 powered 15" subs backing them up at the show.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page