THT or LP THT starting place - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I see some older threads but thought I'd ask, has much changed with this, any good places to start for plans on building one?
http://www.billfitzmaurice.com seems to be where I'm headed and I see some older threads referencing that same site, hopefully still the place to go.

I keep staring at what will soon be a panel enclosed area under my screen that will house just a 12 inch sub. I need to fill that sucker, what a waste of space smile.gif

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Yep, those are Bill's designs and must be purchased from him.

post #3 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 820
"And you want to be my latex salesman."

biggrin.gif

Nah, nothing has changed in the THT designs. Projects have of them have not been as often but there should be plenty of threads to read up on it. The best resource will still be Bill's site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #4 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sweet! Much appreciated, I'll go there and thankfully plenty of pics and references to those builds here for when I lose my way.

post #5 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Good luck with it! The only thing I'd do differently is shell out for the CD of all Bill's speaker designs, instead of just buying the THT plan - after the THT LP plan, I bought SLA plans (didn't build them), then TLAH plans (built them), and I'm sure soon I'll be wanting to build some DRs and/or some pro sound cabs - not because I need them, but because they must be built. tongue.gif

|
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
post #6 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Not a bad recommendation if any other of Bill's projects are on your mind.

Take your time and have fun. It really is relatively straightforward and yields great results.

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page