post #271 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Arnott View Post

It will cost about $140 more the 18" speakers to get shipped from me, than from Erich.

As such, at this point I am waiting for the entire order to be filled, and all shipped at the same time.

OK, I think I need some clarification on this. Are we still looking at the original 3 week time frame from GB close date we were quoted?

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

It will cost about $140 more the 18" speakers to get shipped from me, than from Erich.

As such, at this point I am waiting for the entire order to be filled, and all shipped at the same time.

Can you please clarify your first statement? I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to say....

Leaving the reasoning why out of the picture for a minute, it appears the order is going to be held while the 18n862s are built.

Given the 4-5 week time indicated to get those 18s built (and an order date of last Monday 3/11), we're looking at April 8th-April 15th at a minimum before the order would ship out of Germany and then the 2-3 week shipping window before they arrive to Erich? That would put them somewhere in the April 22nd (best case scenario) to May 6th (worst case scenario) if there are no other hiccups in the process? Add in turn around time on Erich's part..................................

Shane
post #273 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheaterdoc View Post

Can you please clarify your first statement? I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to say....

Leaving the reasoning why out of the picture for a minute, it appears the order is going to be held while the 18n862s are built.

Given the 4-5 week time indicated to get those 18s built (and an order date of last Monday 3/11), we're looking at April 8th-April 15th at a minimum before the order would ship out of Germany and then the 2-3 week shipping window before they arrive to Erich? That would put them somewhere in the April 22nd (best case scenario) to May 6th (worst case scenario) if there are no other hiccups in the process? Add in turn around time on Erich's part..................................

That's what I want to know. That was not the original timeline we were all told. I'm OK with the 3 week window obviously (hence my order), but I don't feel like waiting around an additional 2 months to get my theater project finished.

That doesn't include the additional downtime for crossover build, etc. This puts a lot of us out till probably mid June for completion. If that's really the case I might need to seek other alternatives.

Achievement Unlocked

post #274 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheaterdoc View Post

I'm with ya HTDOC. I just called Jack after reading the thread, and it seems this is the case. Assistance Audio says that the order must ship together, understood, we said that in the begining. I also thought, based on the fact that this order grew to over $20k retail, that the vendor would say, " I'lll have the order shipped now and accomidate by taking care of the shipping on the woofers to that customer at no cost once they are done"....I understand that everyone is in business to make $$, I just thougt that this was a good chance for the vendor to go the extra mile in customers eyes and not have a big out of pocket to do so. I'm really not sure what to say here, or if I'm out of line. If I am, than this is just the straw that broke the camels back for me today. Between this, my 4520 $hitting the bed, and every other stress in my business and home, I just don't have much more in me today. I'm sorry Jack, if I'm out of line hear, not trying to bash, as we all knew what we were getting into with the group buy....I just feel like this is such a small accomidation to make

Erich is going above and beyond by offering to take the shipment and break down, so we could get the discount. He also has his own business to run and I would never expect or ask him to make this priority. I would expect that it will take until June to get our stuff, realistically. Again, I want to stress that Erich is the man, and his willingness to help is much appreciated by all, I know. None of the above falls on his shoulders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #275 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

I guess I am a little disappointed about the CS if this is the case. I can't stress enough my appreciation to Erich and Jake for taking on this burden, but the original expectation was 3 - 4 weeks at the outside. I'll talk with Jack directly but if we are looking at an 8 week window I'm going to bow out. It just doesn't make sense to me as this holds up my main build as well which isn't going to happen. Surrounds are one thing, but mains..................

Achievement Unlocked

post #276 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

I guess I am a little disappointed about the CS if this is the case. I can't stress enough my appreciation to Erich and Jake for taking on this burden, but the original expectation was 3 - 4 weeks at the outside. I'll talk with Jack directly but if we are looking at an 8 week window I'm going to bow out. It just doesn't make sense to me as this holds up my main build as well which isn't going to happen. Surrounds are one thing, but mains..................

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #277 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

OK, I think I need some clarification on this. Are we still looking at the original 3 week time frame from GB close date we were quoted?
No, the order is all in stock except for the four 18" speakers that were ordered. Those are on a 4-5 week lead time.

Time frame is from when I put in the PO, one week ago. And shipping takes usually one week from there. There are exceptions, like when volcanos blow up.
If you all want to cancel the whole deal, let me know now so I can stop the manufacture on the 18" speakers. Otherwise I am refunding one person, and will go on as expected.

Regards, Jack
post #278 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No, the order is all in stock except for the four 18" speakers that were ordered. Those are on a 4-5 week lead time.

Time frame is from when I put in the PO, one week ago. And shipping takes usually one week from there. There are exceptions, like when volcanos blow up.
If you all want to cancel the whole deal, let me know now so I can stop the manufacture on the 18" speakers. Otherwise I am refunding one person, and will go on as expected.

Regards, Jack

Maybe I'm just slow today Jack. Is the entire order hung up on the 18's?

In other words; is the entire order in stock and ready to ship, or in stock and waiting to ship when the 18's get there?

Achievement Unlocked

post #279 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM

Jake, I'm sorry you had a bad day. I kink of feel like you called just looking for a fight.
I have refunded your money.

Regards, Jack
post #280 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:

Maybe I'm just slow today Jack. Is the entire order hung up on the 18's?

In other words; is the entire order in stock and ready to ship, or in stock and waiting to ship when the 18's get there?

Yes, the entire order, except for the 18s are ready to ship.
Since I have no orders pending, and thus can't have the 18s shipped separately, and because it will cost more to ship the 18s once they come, I must have the entire order shipped as one.

Regards, Jack
post #281 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, the entire order, except for the 18s are ready to ship.
Since I have no orders pending, and thus can't have the 18s shipped separately, and because it will cost more to ship the 18s once they come, I must have the entire order shipped as one.

Regards, Jack

OK, thank you.

I am going to bow out as well. Do you need me to call, or just email you? I had 7 4550's I ordered.

Thanks,
Travis

Achievement Unlocked

post #282 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:

OK, thank you.

I am going to bow out as well. Do you need me to call, or just email you? I had 7 4550's I ordered.

Thanks,
Travis

Please email me.
We are now at the threshold of scuttling the whole deal.

Regards, Jack
post #283 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry this has turned into a debacle for you as well Jack. I think had we all been aware of the "extended" time frame to begin with, we would have approached this a little differently.

Achievement Unlocked

post #284 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Jack
Sh$t happens man I am cool with it. Hope you don't cancel I am looking forward to my 4550s.
Thank You smile.gif
Chris

2 cents is canceling the 18s would be easier than the whole order. If the whole order is canceled noone gets 18s either.biggrin.gif
post #285 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If I may add something.
If 30 folks pitch In 5$ each?, we could potentially cover the extra cost for shipping someones special order 18's, and we could all get our products a easy month early?
Or that special someone (sorry If that came out wrong) could back out of their 18's saving the entire group buy from falling apart.
I am going to guess those 18's were for post #239, and If so, that person lists their location as Norway (hum ...ship drivers from Germany to USA, back to Norway, please tell me I'm wrong).
Anyways, I only have (2) CD's In this group buy, not a lot but I still would like them.
I really just want to see everyone get what they want, as I'm sure everyone wants what they ordered.
post #286 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^I would certainly entertain that. My disappointment comes from the fact that we place a $20,000 order and the company won't eat $140.00 in extra shipping; yet they will cancel the entire order??? Seems like a case of stepping over dollars to pick up pennies?

Achievement Unlocked

post #287 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 04:31 PM

Everyone jumped to post as soon as Jack said he was waiting to ship until the 18's arrived.
I waited to see If a solution arose, 1 has not , so I posted the very first thing that came to mind. "I'll pitch In to help the community out". Jake, Erich Jack & many more have done their part, I have no problem pitching In to see this through.
post #288 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

^^^I would certainly entertain that. My disappointment comes from the fact that we place a $20,000 order and the company won't eat $140.00 in extra shipping; yet they will cancel the entire order??? Seems like a case of stepping over dollars to pick up pennies?

Same place I came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindikush View Post

Everyone jumped to post as soon as Jack said he was waiting to ship until the 18's arrived.
I waited to see If a solution arose, 1 has not , so I posted the very first thing that came to mind. "I'll pitch In to help the community out". Jake, Erich Jack & many more have done their part, I have no problem pitching In to see this through.

No, I contacted Jack before I posted. When it was made clear that he had no intention of helping on this and took a "hard line" stance with me that he had no obligation to do anything else, may mind was made up. I expect more out of such a large purchase. In my world, clients don't earn the right to do business, we earn their business. I didn't beg Jack for this buy, I called to order my stuff, asked about some stuff for a couple others who expressed interest, and Jack told me he'd like to do a group buy. I appreciated the opportunityand thought it would be great to help so folks could get a deal, but it's not like it's being done for charity, the distributor will make money on it. , but acts like we should all be greatfull for the opportunity to spend out hard earned money. The easy thing for him to say was "hey, we'll pay the shipping on the woofers, you guys bought enough and we'd be happy to pay $140 in shipping on a $20k order.

Jack, I didn't call you picking a fight, and I'm sorry it worked out this way. I called with a very straight forward question/concern and based on your answers, the right thing for me to do for me, was to get a refund.

Just for the record guys, I also told Jack that if me pulling out was going to kill the deal, I would hang in there. He said it would not.

post #289 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Wow! That went downhill fast! I don't have a lot of skin in the game here (2-4550's), but it seems like some hasty decisions being made here and some very bad business practices. There is a lot here to be gained by the DIY community and also seems like a decent order for BMS/Assistance Audio. Seems like some negotiation should be had here rather than both sides taking a hard stance. Too much time invested already to see it go down like this.

Seems like whomever ordered the special order woofers should step up and cancel that portion or pay the extra freight as to not hold up the rest of the order.

Jack you should have all of the contact info for the buyers, can you contact them and let them know the situation and see what they want to do?

I can certainly see both sides here, but I wouldn't want to eat extra money either if it wasn't part of the deal. There is hardly anything in stock anymore especially when you get to this level of quality, so I am not surprised that this is the case for the 18" woofers, but certainly at some point that should have been communicated.

Jack, I am a little surprised that you would not do a little extra here to save a major part of a somewhat sizable order after all of the time and effort already invested. I don't think you should eat anything here, but at least work for a resolution that works.
post #290 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindikush View Post

A bigger problem is that I don't have any pending orders, so in these cases I usually wait until I need enough merch for a whole order.
So stepping over the pennies, means that I would put in an order for 20K worth of stuff, just to get the four speakers here.

So I would be willing to pick up half of the $140, if the community wants to pick up the rest. But I wouldn't have a definitive timeline on when that would be.

In a normal situation, the speaker company would either decide to expedite the order, and leave out the back ordered goods until the next order.
Or wait for the rest. (In most worlds, this is a short turn around time, and the second option is used.)

But I don't have a clue as to who would make that call. Seems like Jake could, and say that the four speakers would have to go on the next order.
But he opted out. So I don't know if there is a leader. If this is a plurality, or all for one, one for all, etc.

Personally, if speed is so important, I would go with the option of shipping all available, and putting the four pieces on backorder till the next purchase.
I can refund his money until then.

I want to hear more from the rest of the group, or Jake if he were to want to go this route.

Regards, Jack
post #291 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 PM

It seems I made a mistake in assuming that I answered to all of you equally.
Instead of asking Jake what should be done in this instance, or establishing a protocol with the group.

Regards, Jack
post #292 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 59
whos jake ?

post #293 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieattk View Post

whos jake ?

The person who started the group buy.
post #294 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

whos jake ?

That'd be me

Quote:

It seems I made a mistake in assuming that I answered to all of you equally.
Instead of asking Jake what should be done in this instance, or establishing a protocol with the group.

Regards, Jack

No Jack, I don't assume to have more say in anything,...the group has the say as a whole. My point was, you seemed to make the decision all on your own. You asked on the thread, days ago what people thought. Most answers were that you should ship the order and ship the woofs when they came. I don't understand why the gentlemen who ordered 4 woofers would have to wait for the "next" order. He should be able to receive them as soon as they are ready, as he was part of the buy. The whole reason I was told that we got the pricing was lack of shipping cost...so if shipping cost was paid, why would he have to wait for another buy?? I will see what everyone else says, and fall in line based on the group, but I have to say I'm dissapointed still..

post #295 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 59
imo drop the guy who bought the 18ers give anyone who dropped out due to the shipping issues 3 days to come back and put in the order after that. u have gained 1 guy who is a little disappointed and every one else is happy u don't make as much money but if the whole thing goes belly up your out to lose a lot more this seems like most reasonable solution to the problem here.
post #296 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 06:49 PM

You made no mistake, anyone that that has equity In this buy has equality, as far as I am concerned.
It does make moving forward with a different resolution a bit harder when the starter of the group buy has bowed out.
Jack, I get the impression this pallet Is In Germany (this all makes more sense If true). Then I can understand the shipping
problem of not sending a couple 18's all together, on 1 pallet.
You may be the only person that knows who purchased these 18's (other than..).
A polite e-mail, If that person has not contacted you yet, may be In order.
Sorry If I stepped on any toes, I appreciate others opinions/choices and never meant to disrespect anyone.
post #297 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

I don't understand why the gentlemen who ordered 4 woofers would have to wait for the "next" order. He should be able to receive them as soon as they are ready, as he was part of the buy. The whole reason I was told that we got the pricing was lack of shipping cost...so if shipping cost was paid, why would he have to wait for another buy?

The shipping cost, or lack of, is for the whole. As soon as the order breaks into pieces, then the incentive of a larger shipment, custom clearance as a whole, goes to the wayside.
EG, if I were to ship the four speakers on their own, and clear customs, and pay the extra shipping to NJ, I will lose money on that portion of the order.

I will go back to what you want to do. Ship the order minus the four speakers. And pay for the extra shipping to NJ when they come in.
But I will not ship them on their own when they are ready. Either they need to come with my next order, which is undetermined, or with the next group buy.
(I am guessing mine will be sooner.)
In the mean time, I will refund the money on the four speakers, and request it back when the speakers are in stock.
Are you back in?

Regards, Jack
post #298 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 07:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:

whos jake ?

ChopShop1

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #299 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So if the $$ is refunded on the 18's we should be able to move along with this group buy. I sure hope so as many guys as myself are planning to get our BMS drivers for our next builds.

Let's find a good resolution and move along with this guys!
post #300 of 492 Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 PM
fhl

Liked: 10
I'm the guy with the 18s, sorry for causing all the trouble! A few hours after Jack posted that they would be delayed, I e-mailed him to try to find a solution. I asked if the 8ohm version were in stock and said I would change to them if it made things easier. I got an answer yesterday saying giving me several options. I wrote that whatever my choice is, your drivers should be shipped at once. I also asked for a shipping quote from him to NJ so that I could consider paying the extra shipping. I haven't received this and neither a shipping quote from Erich. The way things have evolved, the best solution seems to be me dropping out of the group buy and getting a refund. That's ok with me. Again, sorry for all the mess!

Frode
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page