12Likes

post #1531 of 1538 Old 09-24-2014, 03:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Wow! Can I just paypal you the money to purchase a few of the DD66000 cabs and maybe break you off a bit extra for shipping and maybe a little handling fee for your time?
The problem is: I'm in Norway! Norway is not in the EU, so 25 % tax on top plus expensive shipping from Denmark to NO and from NO to the US

Are you unable to order directly off the site and have shipping by sea organized? I'd do it for you as a gesture (ie without added cost) if there is a way to do it, but I'm not sure how. I've never shipped anything this big to the US and I have no idea what shipping would be, but probably not cheap.

DAC/Preamp: miniDSP 4x10 HD and Mytek 192 Stereo DSD DAC
Speakers: JBL 4343B, JBL 4430 and JBL 120Ti
Amplifiers: Emotiva XPR-1, Denon POA 1500, QSC GX5 and Sanway's LabGruppen FP14000 clone
Sub: DIY LMS Ultra 5400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1538 Old 09-24-2014, 03:47 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 34
We can see if Jetcarrier.com is willing to ship to the US. They do ship from the US, but not sure about the other way. I think they have a port in DK too. The best and cheapest way would probably be to order from the site, have it sent to Jetcarrier, then it would go directly from DK to the US. Jetcarrier is a freight forwarder (we often use it in Scandinavia to get big items shipped by sea) has offices in the US. You should probably give them a call to hear if it's possible and your alternatives from the US port.

Edit: If you are wondering about any of the words on the site, I can explain, Norwegian and Danish are very similar languages. You should have no trouble getting replies in English from the site or Jetcarrier, we have English in school from very early on here in Scandinavia.

Edit2: If you're unable to make it happen through Jetcarrier, I'm sure there are alternatives we just have to find them. I'm looking at the national postal service in Denmark now, their site is also in English: http://www.postdanmark.dk/en/Pages/home.aspx Maybe they can do sea freight?

Edit3: http://www.leman.dk/flx/dk/dansk/forsiden/ might do it from DK.

Edit4: If you decide to call Jetcarrier and they're not able to ship from DK to the US, then be sure to ask them for alternatives. They should know.

And don't hesitate to ask me anything.

DAC/Preamp: miniDSP 4x10 HD and Mytek 192 Stereo DSD DAC
Speakers: JBL 4343B, JBL 4430 and JBL 120Ti
Amplifiers: Emotiva XPR-1, Denon POA 1500, QSC GX5 and Sanway's LabGruppen FP14000 clone
Sub: DIY LMS Ultra 5400

Last edited by GizzeGutten; 09-24-2014 at 04:13 AM.
post #1533 of 1538 Old 09-24-2014, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post
for chopshop's mega theater build donny.

matt, have you experimented with something like this:

http://www.minidsp.com/applications/...phase-fir-tool

linear phase is part of the secret sauce in jbl's totl m2 studio monitor.

that's about the only thing that i can think of that may offer an improvement. of course, some final eq based on baffle wall reinforcement is likely necessary, but that would be the case with all speakers.

do the speakers do anything 'wrong' that you have been able to detect?
That MiniDsp software plug-in for implementing FIR filters looks very interesting! Could the MiniShark + this plug-in mentioned in Johns post be used as an active crossover device with linear phase control through the FIR filters? Isn't that the main benefit of FIR filters in that it can keep the phase almost perfectly linear throughout the frequency band?

Would the MiniShark -with this plugin be all that much better when used as a 2-way active crossover as compared to the MiniDsp 2.by 4?

If one wanted to use the MiniShark as an active crossover with the FIR filter software option, how in the heck would you setup the phase response through the FIR filters, as compared to using just a basic balanced MiniDsp 2 by 4 with HPF & LPF slopes and various crossover options? (Ie: LR, BW, ect...)
post #1534 of 1538 Old 09-24-2014, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post
If one wanted to use the MiniShark as an active crossover with the FIR filter software option, how in the heck would you setup the phase response through the FIR filters, as compared to using just a basic balanced MiniDsp 2 by 4 with HPF & LPF slopes and various crossover options? (Ie: LR, BW, ect...)
you might find this walkthrough (from the jriver forum), on how to use RePhase, gives some insight on that question

Last edited by 3ll3d00d; 09-24-2014 at 11:27 AM.
post #1535 of 1538 Old 09-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 240
The linear phase stuff looks cool, I have not played with any of that myself. It seems as though you would need to build your own I2S to analog output device in order to do more then a 2 channel active system using the linear phase crossovers. The other option is to stick the miniShark or OpenDRC in front of the miniDSP and just correct the phase that way, but you would need 1 box for every 2 speakers.
post #1536 of 1538 Old 09-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtg90 View Post

Edit and just for those wondering here is that ground plane sweep:
Great job.

I have all the stuff I need now so I better make it running too. My center box is ready for testing, but I am really surprised how heavy it is (used 6/4" MDF). I also think the dual 18" is overkill for the center, so maybe I will redo the cabinet.

Building a HT with 7.2.4 layout and ◤SEOS-24◥ LCR.
post #1537 of 1538 Old 09-24-2014, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Dual 18's is overkill for a center......LOL. I figured you weren't worried about overkill when you decided to build that.
post #1538 of 1538 Old 09-28-2014, 02:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtg90 View Post
The linear phase stuff looks cool, I have not played with any of that myself. It seems as though you would need to build your own I2S to analog output device in order to do more then a 2 channel active system using the linear phase crossovers. The other option is to stick the miniShark or OpenDRC in front of the miniDSP and just correct the phase that way, but you would need 1 box for every 2 speakers.
What would the cost be on something like that?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page