Time to shift gears towards the front stage - Sponge mode on :) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 02-12-2013, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post

From my experience, and those of others, 45 degrees is the preferred position. I admit it looks a bit funky but the imaging is great with a huge sweetspot.

Generally I'd agree, but I am setup according to Audyssey DSX standards. 30 deg mains, 45 deg height channels, and 60 deg wide channels.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 36
With this new AE group buy, jump on it and take advantage. Should be a nice discount for all of us who want the drivers.
post #33 of 36 Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

With this new AE group buy, jump on it and take advantage. Should be a nice discount for all of us who want the drivers.

I just noticed it was finalized. I'm all over it as long as the wait period is not insane.

Achievement Unlocked

post #34 of 36 Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17

Bass Addict,

Since you are running Audyessy with wides and heights now, what are you going do do with SEOS? Are you going to build a LCR SEOS and use your Axiom's or are you going to build SEOS's for heights and wides too? Just curious as I just placed an order for three Fusion Tempests to redo my front stage and cant wait, however prior to pulling the trigger on that I just bought a 4311 and have been running matching wides to my Energys and I have been liking it. Now I just don't know if it will make sense to keep my Energys as wides with the SEOS and may just go back to 7.1 until I can fund building something like the Alchemys as heights and wides. Any how just curious how you are going about it. Do you have any pictures of your setup, I would love to see it.

post #35 of 36 Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit73 View Post

Bass Addict,

Since you are running Audyessy with wides and heights now, what are you going do do with SEOS? Are you going to build a LCR SEOS and use your Axiom's or are you going to build SEOS's for heights and wides too? Just curious as I just placed an order for three Fusion Tempests to redo my front stage and cant wait, however prior to pulling the trigger on that I just bought a 4311 and have been running matching wides to my Energys and I have been liking it. Now I just don't know if it will make sense to keep my Energys as wides with the SEOS and may just go back to 7.1 until I can fund building something like the Alchemys as heights and wides. Any how just curious how you are going about it. Do you have any pictures of your setup, I would love to see it.

I am going to keep using the Axioms for height and wide. I would think the wides would work even better with the Seos as they are more directional than domes. I would like to build a wide speaker using the Seos, but they are just too big. frown.gif The M2 I am using blends in fairly well sitting right below my sofit. I'd love to get you some pics but I have everything pulled down at the moment redoing my columns and front screen area (upgrading to 2.35 with a new scope setup).

Here's all I have ATM showing the heights with front stage. The wides are mounted on side wall below sofit at 60deg angle from MLP.

Achievement Unlocked

post #36 of 36 Old 02-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17

Very cool, thanks for the picture. I am redoing my front wall too as part of my SEOS upgrade I am switching to an AT screen. I am just going to wire everything for the wides and heights and just try it out. I will move my current Energy towers to duty as the wides. Good luck with your choice on which speakers to go with, I will be posting a build log for my Tempests once I receive them.

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page