AVS Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DS-21 
#1 ·
So i have been contemplating changing the woofer out on my ED a7s-450 with the LT 1300 amp, the internal volume is about 4.9 ft 3 after subtracting the amp. the SI 18 D2 is around 200$ shipped now through the pre-order and ufokillerz is sellng his Aurasound NS-18 local to me for 400$. i haven't seen too many measurements for the Aurasound NS-18. Is the Aurasound NS-18 twice the value of the SI 18 D2? i mean for 500 i could get 2 SI 18 D4 and one of erich's flat pack and run both off the LT1300 from the ED a7s-450 enclosure, just running wires out to the other box. or i could just get the 1 SI 18D2. Any info is appreciated.

thanks

mike

#3 ·
How patient are you? The 18" stereo integrity subs are Out of Stock and won't be more until June. There's also the Dayton RSS460HO-4 to consider. It's $250. The SI outperforms it frequency-wise by just a hair, but Dayton has a more consistent supply chain and a big company backing it. Aura does look really sweet. That's about 1/2 the price of what they sell for new.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikullla  /t/1458149/aurasound-ns-18-vs-stereo-integrity-18d2/0_100#post_22962906

So i have been contemplating changing the woofer out on my ED a7s-450 with the LT 1300 amp, the internal volume is about 4.9 ft 3 after subtracting the amp. the SI 18 D2 is around 200$ shipped now through the pre-order and ufokillerz is sellng his Aurasound NS-18 local to me for 400$. i haven't seen too many measurements for the Aurasound NS-18. Is the Aurasound NS-18 twice the value of the SI 18 D2? i mean for 500 i could get 2 SI 18 D4 and one of erich's flat pack and run both off the LT1300 from the ED a7s-450 enclosure, just running wires out to the other box. or i could just get the 1 SI 18D2. Any info is appreciated.

thanks

mike

Two of any sub, properly placed, are better than one. And three are usually better than two.

Now, I'd still go with the NS18 over the other options. It's just a superior driver, and it looks much better IMO than the drivers assembled from generic parts. I'd just add more woofers to supplement it.

One problem you may have, however, is that NS18 uses a bespoke basket that's larger than the standard 18" cast baskets (it does not fit a cutout that fit the Ava18 and Mael-X baskets just fine, with the gaskets on), and your eD box may require surgery to fit it.

#6 ·
thanks, the more i think of it i should probably get the SI because i can only buy 1 of the aurasound woofers right now due to funds, and if i wanted another a year or so from now it would be very expensive. also right now the wife thinks the 1 ed a7-450 is not that pretty so it looks like its only one sub for me. i have it looking like an end table so it hides a little.

thanks

mike

#9 ·
I do, along with an NS15 and four of the 3" voicecoil Aurasound woofers (NS10, 3x NS12).

But it's not practicable for me to ship my NS18 from GA to CA, as I no longer have the box. I "adapted" the NS18's styrofoam clamshell for my Mael-X Mk. I when I sold that driver, because I thought it safer than the original Exodus box and I knew I'll never sell the NS18. There is, however, someone selling four in the classifieds, that appear to be NIB. Maybe he'd be willing to allow temporary use of one for science.

However, if anyone has the factory packing material for a W15GTi, I'd love to send mine to Josh for evaluation. I'm loathe to send it anything but the factory packaging, but if someone can come up with the factory packaging, I have the woofer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.