No sound from Inuke3000dsp. Help? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
If your PC is a HTPC, try using the DIY Audio Test DVD. It has a mode where it outputs a signal specifically from the LFE output.

Here's a few things to try from your receiver's manual:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-1018AH-K_OperatingInstructions0403.pdf

Enter the receiver's sytem setup menu, select "Manual SP Setup"-->"Speaker Settings", and verify "SW" is set to "Yes", all speakers are set to "Small", and yoru crossover is set to "80Hz".

Next, in the system setup menu, select "Manual SP Setup"-->"Channel Level", and verify the SW channel is not turned super low. To determine where to set this for a pro audio amp, see How to Determine YOur Receiver's Maximum LFE Output for Gain Structuring.

With those setting, using the DIY Audio Test DVD, play some LFE test tones. If you still get nothing, sounds like the LFE out on your receiver is just plain bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLW View Post

If your PC is a HTPC, try using the DIY Audio Test DVD. It has a mode where it outputs a signal specifically from the LFE output.

Here's a few things to try from your receiver's manual:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-1018AH-K_OperatingInstructions0403.pdf

Enter the receiver's sytem setup menu, select "Manual SP Setup"-->"Speaker Settings", and verify "SW" is set to "Yes", all speakers are set to "Small", and yoru crossover is set to "80Hz".

Next, in the system setup menu, select "Manual SP Setup"-->"Channel Level", and verify the SW channel is not turned super low. To determine where to set this for a pro audio amp, see How to Determine YOur Receiver's Maximum LFE Output for Gain Structuring.

With those setting, using the DIY Audio Test DVD, play some LFE test tones. If you still get nothing, sounds like the LFE out on your receiver is just plain bad.

Thanks for the info, I was acutally looking to download the test DVD!
Still no luck though frown.gif , I think the connector is toast.

BUT, GOOD NEWS! I just called Futureshop ( don't laugh it was a boxing day sale ) and it's still under warranty! Hell yeah biggrin.gif
post #33 of 41 Old 04-17-2013, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Update, still waiting for the receiver back... so brutal, but fixing the connections in the meantime.

I have a question about bridge mode on the Inuke3000.

It's supposed to be +1 +2

I can get the amp working fine stereo as +1 -1, in either channel.
But when I activate bridge mode, I don't get any sound with +1 +2 speakon cable, unless I also change the speakon connector on the subwoofer box.
I changed the connector so the voice coils on the subs also go red 1+ and black +2 on the speakon, and it's working.

Is that correct, because I was told you shouldn't have to change the physical connector on the box, only the cable.

If this is true then maybe soldering the speakon isn't a good idea as it will be stuck in bridge mode?

Thanks!
post #34 of 41 Old 04-17-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
What cable are you using?

If you have it working with non-bridged mode:
[AMP]<=(+1,-1)================(+1,-1)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,-1)============[DRIVER]

And then put the amp in bridged mode and rewire the cable ONLY on the amp side, it should work:
[AMP]<=(+1,+2)================(+1,-1)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,-1)============[DRIVER]

...but if you connect the cable the wrong way it won't work:
[AMP]<=(+1,-1)================(+1,+2)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,-1)============[DRIVER]
(wrong terminals on the amp).......(and the connections don't match on the box connector)

It also won't work if you rewire both ends of the cable:
[AMP]<=(+1,+2)================(+1,+2)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,-1)============[DRIVER]
.................................................(because the connections to the box connector don't match)

It sounds like you ended up rewiring both ends of the cable and the driver side of the box connector, which seems less error-prone since you can reverse the cable:
[AMP]<=(+1,+2)================(+1,+2)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,+2)============[DRIVER]

-Max
post #35 of 41 Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcooper View Post

What cable are you using?

If you have it working with non-bridged mode:
[AMP]<=(+1,-1)================(+1,-1)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,-1)============[DRIVER]

And then put the amp in bridged mode and rewire the cable ONLY on the amp side, it should work:
[AMP]<=(+1,+2)================(+1,-1)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,-1)============[DRIVER]

...but if you connect the cable the wrong way it won't work:
[AMP]<=(+1,-1)================(+1,+2)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,-1)============[DRIVER]
(wrong terminals on the amp).......(and the connections don't match on the box connector)

It also won't work if you rewire both ends of the cable:
[AMP]<=(+1,+2)================(+1,+2)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,-1)============[DRIVER]
.................................................(because the connections to the box connector don't match)

It sounds like you ended up rewiring both ends of the cable and the driver side of the box connector, which seems less error-prone since you can reverse the cable:
[AMP]<=(+1,+2)================(+1,+2)==>[BOX_CONNECTOR]==(+1,+2)============[DRIVER]

-Max

I'm using a homemade speakon cable with some 12 gauge stranded copper speaker wire.

You are 100% right, I was changing both sides of the cable, not just the amp side, wow, I feel like an idiot!
It's working fine now, at 50% gain its clearly much louder.

Thanks for the help max.... I'll be sure to make a new thread when I get my FTW's built biggrin.gif
post #36 of 41 Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

So I got it back, and everything works, but now I have another issue.

Receiver doesn't have enough voltage to push the Inuke3k to max power. Gain on the amp is max in bridge mode and it's not very loud.

I was reading something about Samson S-convert, or a Clean Box.

I assume this is what I need, which version should I get?
post #37 of 41 Old 04-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsnasty View Post

So I got it back, and everything works, but now I have another issue.

Receiver doesn't have enough voltage to push the Inuke3k to max power. Gain on the amp is max in bridge mode and it's not very loud.

I was reading something about Samson S-convert, or a Clean Box.

I assume this is what I need, which version should I get?

Why not just plug it into a outlet in the wall.. I would NOT plug into a receiver..

post #38 of 41 Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nephilim1 View Post

Why not just plug it into a outlet in the wall.. I would NOT plug into a receiver..

It is, I think you misunderstood. The Pioneer receiver (vsx-1018) does not output enough voltage on the subwoofer output (signal) to drive the pro amp to max volume.
I've read a few things about this over the years but didn't have a subwoofer to test it with until now.

Seems like the sconvert and the clean box are both discontinued? eek.gif
post #39 of 41 Old 04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nephilim1 View Post

I think Thatsnasty was referring to the sub out RCA connector is not putting out a high enough voltage to drive the amp to full power.
post #40 of 41 Old 04-29-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsnasty View Post

It is, I think you misunderstood. The Pioneer receiver (vsx-1018) does not output enough voltage on the subwoofer output (signal) to drive the pro amp to max volume.
I've read a few things about this over the years but didn't have a subwoofer to test it with until now.

Seems like the sconvert and the clean box are both discontinued? eek.gif

Just to rule out the receiver, you should unplug all your speakers and measure the voltage of the sub channel. See what the receiver is actually putting out at max volume and max trim on the sub channel.
post #41 of 41 Old 04-29-2013, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post

Just to rule out the receiver, you should unplug all your speakers and measure the voltage of the sub channel. See what the receiver is actually putting out at max volume and max trim on the sub channel.

My friend broke my multimeter, unfortunately i can't measure it right now.
I know that with the same settings, but with my old receiver swapped, the Inuke plays more then loud enough, even with half the gain.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page