Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #871 of 876 Old 07-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Have you thought of using the CV for the 215's? From what I've read on the prosound forums the Behringer does not measure well above 10kHz (depending on load). While a beast for subs they may have measurable issues at the high frequency end. The 215's are not as easy to drive as the 212's and may show differences in amps that the blind test did not reveal.

I wish I saved the link to the measurements but someone here probably has it.

Varibus Mari Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 876 Old 07-03-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 675
BLIND TEST REDUX with the 215's.
NWCgrad and Gorilla83 like this.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #873 of 876 Old 07-03-2014, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Agreed! Ha, think of an excuse to come up to KC...

Ah hell, you don't need another reason - you could come up specifically to check out some of the HT rooms up here! I'm still dying to check out Doug's room with his dual G-Horn in the attic above his room setup.

Yes, I am going to have to try to make something happen!

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
post #874 of 876 Old 07-26-2014, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
Have you thought of using the CV for the 215's? From what I've read on the prosound forums the Behringer does not measure well above 10kHz (depending on load). While a beast for subs they may have measurable issues at the high frequency end. The 215's are not as easy to drive as the 212's and may show differences in amps that the blind test did not reveal.

I wish I saved the link to the measurements but someone here probably has it.

Missed the last few posts..

I did try the CV 5000 with the 215's. The output is impressive but it does put out a lot of hiss/hum. The inuke 600 had less of that and the 3000 less than both, I can't hear the hiss from the 3000 from my seat.

Hmmm interesting about the high frequency issues with Behringer.... not good for the wallet....

post #875 of 876 Old 07-26-2014, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
BLIND TEST REDUX with the 215's.
Actually I'd be very interested in this since they are so much more power hungry especially full range.

post #876 of 876 Old 07-26-2014, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Would be very interesting to have an amp shootout with the 215's; especially if the 212's are as efficient as being reported in the main JTR thread. The 215's are going to be a LOT more stressful on the amp when trying to replicate Metallica live in your basement. The 212's probably only need a clean 250 watts to blow your face off, not the case with the 215's.

Sucks the CV has noise issues. I keep looking at the Crest Audio CA18 that is the mack daddy that many of the chinese clone ripped off (I mean modelled after). To bad its so freakin expensive, but it was the old school touring standard beefor the lighter weight LG's came along. Some seem happy with the Crest Pro Lite DSP models, they are same as the Peavey line but with heavier duty caps and higher quality parts.

The new QSC PLD models have built in DSP, put out a ton of power, but cost a lot.

Varibus Mari Victoria
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page