Boosting input signal on EPX 4000? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a Pioneer Elite SC-61 as my receiver and I have the sub 1 out connected to the EPX with a standard RCA cable as the EPX version has that input available and one reason I wanted the EPX instead of the EP. But thing is with other amps I've used I could set the reciever sub channel level to -12db and still have a lot of headroom in gain on the dials on the amps, actually the power given to the subs matched the gain dial much better on the amps when the receiver was at -12db, but with the EPX I have to set it to 0db and have the knobs on both channels to the max and I sitll don't get the kind of sound maxed out volume should give. What can I do to fix the problem? Cause this affects my other amps, a 1/3 gain on the dial on my SA1000 amp makes it like if it were at max power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Get one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-USED-APHEX-124-A-10-4-2-CHANNEL-PRO-AUDIO-LEVEL-MATCHING-INTERFACE-124A-1-/121073837962?pt=US_Signal_Processors_Rack_Effects&hash=item1c3090278a
post #3 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 258
the exp only needs 1v to get full output when using the RCA jack. There is no way your pio doesn't put out at minimum 1v out of the sub out. Seems like maybe a setting on the exp or your pio.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #4 of 4 Old 03-19-2013, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post

I have a Pioneer Elite SC-61 as my receiver and I have the sub 1 out connected to the EPX with a standard RCA cable as the EPX version has that input available and one reason I wanted the EPX instead of the EP. But thing is with other amps I've used I could set the reciever sub channel level to -12db and still have a lot of headroom in gain on the dials on the amps, actually the power given to the subs matched the gain dial much better on the amps when the receiver was at -12db, but with the EPX I have to set it to 0db and have the knobs on both channels to the max and I sitll don't get the kind of sound maxed out volume should give. What can I do to fix the problem? Cause this affects my other amps, a 1/3 gain on the dial on my SA1000 amp makes it like if it were at max power.

You can get most of your answersa by reading this

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-theater-receivers-processors-amps/35677-gain-structure-home-theater-getting-most-pro-audio-equipment-your-system.html

Alain Pilon

Lasalle, Québec Canada
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page