Customer Experience review of iST/Mach 5 audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this company. I chose them based on recommendation from Steve Callas and because they're a Canadian company which saves me a lot on cross-border brokerage fees.

To be blunt, some of the best customer service I have dealt with.

I contacted Mike MARK in February to see what drivers they had available. I needed two drivers, but the Phallus was out of my price range for what I wanted to do. (I don't need high spl)

He told me he could whip up a variation of the IXL 18.4 on the cheap that would suit my needs. Fast Forward a couple weeks. Drivers are about to be shipped, I let him know I was leaving for Vacation at the end of the month, so I needed the drivers before then, or I would have to wait until I return. (First-World problems I know).

Instead of holding off, he ships the drivers via Purolator and they arrive in 2 days. When I pick them up at the purolator depot, they don't charge me for the shipping. Ok, odd.

I go home, and emailed Mike.

"Hey Mike MARK, I got the drivers, but didn't get charged for shipping. I figured I would mention it since I don't want you to get stuck for the shipping charges."

"Don't worry about it, I covered the cost as I wanted to get the drivers to you before you left. Enjoy!"

I won't go into specifics on the price, but I will say that there was not much room for markup on these, throw in priority shipping, and I am willing to bet Mike didn't make much money off of me if any, yet he treated me like I was his only customer. I'm very impressed. Shipping isn't free, and when we negotiated pricing, Free shipping was NOT included, so he certainly went above and beyond for me.

The drivers were packaged well, with 7 or so layers of cardboard protecting the top and atleast 4 protecting the magnet.

The drivers themselves are of good built quality. I hooked them up to my main l&r signal and tested them out, the suspension is silent on these with 100 watts or so going into them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
I totally agree -- my own personal experience with Mark Rogowski a few years back was extremely positive as well.

One question though...who the hell is Mike? biggrin.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif
post #3 of 15 Old 03-29-2013, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post

One question though...who the hell is Mike? biggrin.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Oops. Yeah it's Mark. Too many Mikes in the DIY subwoofer cult.
post #4 of 15 Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanc View Post

Oops. Yeah it's Mark. Too many Mikes in the DIY subwoofer cult.

After a rave review such as yours, I bet Mark wouldn't care what you called him. He'd probably even let Phallus-Face slide... smile.gif
post #5 of 15 Old 03-30-2013, 03:09 PM

Liked: 11
Do you have any pics and T/S of the drivers?
post #6 of 15 Old 03-30-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 297
It's nice to see someone who is posting a positive review instead of just coming on the forums to bitch and moan about something/someone. Enjoy your drivers!!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #7 of 15 Old 03-30-2013, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I have a UXL-18 on pre-order. I can't wait to get it. cool.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I wanted a UXL as well...it just seems everything is out of stock on the site. I am saving pennies for the Phallus though! Badass!

In terms of LFE, size does matter!
post #9 of 15 Old 04-01-2013, 11:30 PM

Liked: 11
If you are interested you should try to email Mark directly, I don't think he is keeping the site up to date.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Well I too would like to add Positive feedback About Mark and the iST Drivers namely the IXL 18.4.. That thing is a beast. Well long story shotr I had already built my box and was looking for the IXL 18.2.2 but could not locate any. So I emailed Mark and he responded and was very helpful with helping me locate a driver.. well I found them and Only Australia company had them in stock and they did NOT ship to USA..

So I emailed Mark back and I said I needed a IXL 18.2.2 he said he could custom build me a 18.4 and asked when I would need it.. Well I still had some other things to buy and thanked him for helping me out ehich was very nice and especially since he was going to build me a driver when I requested one..and for the same price I figured I would have gotten hammered for the custom build.. but he kept the price the same..

I would Highly reccomend Mach 5 Brand to anybody wanting to DIY they are Awesome drivers. I can ONLY speak for the IXL 18.4 (Bought used from a end user here) and this thing is so powerful I am NOT going to build a second.. I would but One of these is very loud and deep powerful to say the least.. I can ONLY Imagine what the UXL or Phallus is like but according to WinISD they are Monsters in the extreme and for a Very good price I might add..

I would add the UXL and Phallus to a Short list of DIY Drivers for a Top ten to get..

post #11 of 15 Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post

I wanted a UXL as well...it just seems everything is out of stock on the site. I am saving pennies for the Phallus though! Badass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlim View Post

If you are interested you should try to email Mark directly, I don't think he is keeping the site up to date.

Yep, you can email him and he will send you a Paypal invoice for however many you want to pre-order. It's $50 per sub.

post #12 of 15 Old 04-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Rebel. Do u know when the uxl going to b in stock.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 59
8 weeks
post #14 of 15 Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Thanks Cookie
post #15 of 15 Old 04-04-2013, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Firstly, thank you Mr. OP for the kind words. I wish you the best with your project and I'm here if you have issues.

Folks who are waiting on the UXL parts to arrive, all I can say at this point is they are being made up now. I do not know exactly when they will arrive. Those who wanted to be placed on the "waiting list" will be updated as I receive updates and will receive the first units off the assembly line.

N8 has been very gracious by stepping up to answer many of your questions thus far, but in all fairness to him, inquiries should come to me directly. Feel free to email me or shoot me a PM through this forum. I'll be happy to address them.

Best regards,
Mark

You guys are crazy....
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page