post #91 of 98 Old 09-05-2014, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
The Truth Hz

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock24 View Post
Hey I am reading and learning as I go. So keep on posting. I can't really tell what else is going on in your graph but it looks like all the seats see close to the same response, which seems like a good thing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
Post 6 kinda shows my progress for manually EQing the mains, pretty refined after only a couple small tweaks. I kind of built this thread to come and post all my measurements to make them easier for me to find, but it has also turned into a pretty informative thread at this point. Glad you are enjoying

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 09-05-2014, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
The Truth Hz

MAD impressed here! These are all the sweeps I ran from the MLP for the LCR, and surrounds. I LOVE it. Even though personal listening impressions makes the the system, I liked the result I just found. Didn't really expect that much from the surrounds, but, I will certainly take it after all the work it took to get everything to this point and the fantastic work from zilch and @mtg90 . @RMK! I will leave this off the JTR thread as it has nothing to do with it at this point but after your experience with the 60f's, I wanted you to see this too

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9-5 all speakers 5-1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	248722  
Fatshaft likes this.

post #93 of 98 Old 09-06-2014, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Lookin good man! I see you haven't done a waterfall since like April '13. Hook us up.
post #94 of 98 Old 09-06-2014, 04:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I'm pretty sure we could just make this a PM as you are the only one following this thread at this point....haha. Thanks brah!

Not the only one, my pc keeps shorting out from all my drooling. graphs dreams are made of
post #95 of 98 Old 09-06-2014, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Good stuff Brandon, I just found this thread. Congrats on basically an ideal setup! The fact that the db level is loudest where you want it (your seat) and all other seats have a similar response is exactly what I would want.

I am real similar to you when it comes to the L and R. The frequency response is awesome at the main LP and decently similar in all seats. However, the center and surrounds are not close and of course that matters more since I don't set here with a room full of people for 2 channel music (unless it's avs friends) so I've got a long way to go for movies.
kwackaod likes this.

post #96 of 98 Old 09-06-2014, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter
The Truth Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Lookin good man! I see you haven't done a waterfall since like April '13. Hook us up.
Yea I owe one or two of those. No more time this weekend, but perhaps some next week at some point....Gotta get on this HST box first tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
Not the only one, my pc keeps shorting out from all my drooling. graphs dreams are made of
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Good stuff Brandon, I just found this thread. Congrats on basically an ideal setup! The fact that the db level is loudest where you want it (your seat) and all other seats have a similar response is exactly what I would want.

I am real similar to you when it comes to the L and R. The frequency response is awesome at the main LP and decently similar in all seats. However, the center and surrounds are not close and of course that matters more since I don't set here with a room full of people for 2 channel music (unless it's avs friends) so I've got a long way to go for movies.
Thanks guys. Yea the 2 channel times are always just me. The wife doesn't understand how I can just sit there and listen to music, and that's it. Haha, it is one of my favorite things in life honestly

post #97 of 98 Old 09-06-2014, 09:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Others are reading.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #98 of 98 Old 09-06-2014, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
MAD impressed here! These are all the sweeps I ran from the MLP for the LCR, and surrounds. I LOVE it. Even though personal listening impressions makes the the system, I liked the result I just found. Didn't really expect that much from the surrounds, but, I will certainly take it after all the work it took to get everything to this point and the fantastic work from zilch and @mtg90 . @RMK! I will leave this off the JTR thread as it has nothing to do with it at this point but after your experience with the 60f's, I wanted you to see this too

Yeah man, not bad, haha. I can't stop staring at the graphs over and over again.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page