Question about XT32 and two subwoofers.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-15-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have the onkyo 809 receiver, and am in the process of building two 18" Dayton Sealed Subs. I read that XT32 does a good job of room correction for multiple subs, but here lies my question.. If i have one RCA cord run to my EP4000 amp, and then am running two subs of the one amp, will XT32 pick up on that and eq them as seperate? Or would i need to get another RCA cable and plug it into the second subwoofer output on the receiver? Im hoping it will work properly witht he one RCA cord as its a 20ft cord, and i dont feel like buying another one if not needed. If it is, I will do what i have to.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-15-2013, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 32
If you want independent operation of each sub you will need that other cable. However you can connect them to one sub RCA at the receiver with less flexibility,I assume daisy chain is what you mean because you'll still need a second cable away. Use both sub outputs always.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-16-2013, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 36
The Onkyo 809 or 818?

The 809 only has Audyssey MultEQ XT, the 818 has XT32 but does not include SubEQ HT even though it has dual sub outs. In either case you can just run 1 cable to your amp, it will be the same thing.

SubEQ HT only really sets the levels and delays for 2 subs separately then EQ's them as one since they both will be playing the same signal.

Here is what Audyssey has to say about SubEQ HT: http://www.audyssey.com/audio-technology/sub-eq-ht

And here is a list of Onkyo receivers and pre-pro's that include SubEQ HT: http://www.audyssey.com/products?tid%5B%5D=100&pid=56&ptype=All

"Half the world is looking for Jesus, and the other half is looking for more bass..."
post #4 of 8 Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

oh, ok. thanks for that info. well, thats good i guess. saves me a couple of bucks. Guess ill eventually have to just get an EQ for the sbu and figure out how to work it properly. Im hoping it'll sound fine without any EQ, at least for a little while.. This stuff is starting to bleed me dry of $$$ eek.gif
post #5 of 8 Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Some info gaining/usage tools : using REW and a mike,, gain matching, level matching, and distance setting matching. Check the REW thread here and over at HTS

Denon X5200 , Emotiva UPA7, for 7.3.4
Klipsch F3 FL/R, G-28 CenterLow, Icon 25 CenterHigh, RC3II: SL/R , Surround Rears :Icon 36 Towers, SLX: TF & TR-
RB51's:FH
2 30" BF THTLP'S and SUBMAXIMUS and Inuke6000DSP
Mitsy DLP 73738 Xbox1 PS4 Panny BD 220
post #6 of 8 Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

yep ive been glancing at it before. I just have to wait till i can afford to drop more $$$. This started off with me looking to spend $800 on a subwoofer from the internet, and turned into building and tuning two 18's.. lol. Im enjoying all the stuff im learning though.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickThatStands View Post

oh, ok. thanks for that info. well, thats good i guess. saves me a couple of bucks. Guess ill eventually have to just get an EQ for the sbu and figure out how to work it properly. Im hoping it'll sound fine without any EQ, at least for a little while.. This stuff is starting to bleed me dry of $$$ eek.gif

I didn't mean for you to think your sub won't be EQ'ed, it will still get the excellent XT32 treatment. XT32 is separate from SubEQ HT which is only to add individual level and delay, the EQ is handled by XT32.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

"Half the world is looking for Jesus, and the other half is looking for more bass..."
post #8 of 8 Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

well, like you pointed out, i missread. I have the 809, which only has XT, not XT32.. so i wont get the XT32 treatment wink.gif
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page