Stereo Integrity 24" subwoofer - not kidding! - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 180Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #931 of 948 Old 08-23-2016, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
uniquepattern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by lz7j View Post
With that said, pretty much everyone who purchased an HS-24 has voided their warranty by applying more than 1500w! I'll stick to the original plan then and use the sp1-4000 on the BHS. I'll reach out to @Electrodynamic and grab another hs24mk2 for my second 16ft^3 cab and use 2 x 24's with another sp1-4000 at 2kw/driver. I love this hobby! Simple solutions.
Wait a minute.... whoa whoa whoa....

If you keep this up Im going to have to get another pair for sure!
uniquepattern is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #932 of 948 Old 08-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
lz7j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 959
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquepattern View Post
Wait a minute.... whoa whoa whoa....

If you keep this up Im going to have to get another pair for sure!
You need to stop slacking, and pick up the pace.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
uniquepattern likes this.
lz7j is offline  
post #933 of 948 Old 08-23-2016, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 3,005
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
I take full responsibility for 75% of the "blown" 24's at BEAST's last GTG. I use quotes around "blown" because the BHS-24 that emitted smoke apparently just shut the amp down because the coils read just fine and the woofer still plays, haha. The one other driver with the mechanical issue was my fault as it was one of the (if not THE) first 24's I ever built years ago and I did not glue the spider down - I only used clamps to hold the OD of the spider in place. That build practice has sailed years ago and all the joints are glued and clamped now (have been for a quite a while now).
I upstairs when the excitement happened, all I was thinking is damn this house is taking a beating. I was intense up there, I cannot imagine the bass nirvana that was downstairs. Beast and company take everything to the next level. Reminds me of EOD bubba's saying "Hey, watch this sh1t" and then my ears ringing for the next 5 days.

___________________________________________
Two ears and a brain comprise a powerful acoustical analysis tool, able to extract enormous resolution, detail, and pleasure from circumstances that, when subject to mere technical measurements, seem to be disastrous. Floyd Toole
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...sement-ht.html[/B]
NWCgrad is offline  
post #934 of 948 Old 08-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
Electrodynamic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 700
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
But the BHS-24 will more than hold its own. But definitely be careful, even the BHS-24 can be burnt up by 4,000w if too much power is dumped down low for too long a period of time such as that Lone Survivor Chopper Scene with 6Hz/10dB hot signal.
Just be careful not to clip the signal [power] and the BHS-24 can hold its own on an actual 4,000 watts.*

* For the record I do not recommend sending a BHS-24 that much power. [whew, Ok, now that the disclaimer is there I won't have members of this forum saying "but you said!!" haha].
Electrodynamic is offline  
post #935 of 948 Old 08-23-2016, 07:58 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 3,205
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
Just be careful not to clip the signal [power] and the BHS-24 can hold its own on an actual 4,000 watts.*

* For the record I do not recommend sending a BHS-24 that much power. [whew, Ok, now that the disclaimer is there I won't have members of this forum saying "but you said!!" haha].
Or even a rated 3,000w can burn up the BHS-24 if the signal is a 10Hz sine wave and played continuously for a minute. But on program material, I agree completely, just wanted to have a more complete disclaimer.

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is offline  
post #936 of 948 Old 08-23-2016, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
Electrodynamic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 700
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Or even a rated 3,000w can burn up the BHS-24 if the signal is a 10Hz sine wave and played continuously for a minute. But on program material, I agree completely, just wanted to have a more complete disclaimer.
For a full minute? Yes. If you play a sine wave of 10 Hz and leave the room to go downstairs to the kitchen, fill up your drink, and then walk back upstairs while you have left a full 3,000 watts at 10 cycles go through the driver I suggest you find another hobby. You know, one where you don't TRY to blow up your equipment. That's like buying a new Corvette, taking it home, and immediately bouncing it off the rev limiter for ten minutes then wondering why the engine failed when you casually get back to the car.
Electrodynamic is offline  
post #937 of 948 Old 08-23-2016, 09:54 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 3,205
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
For a full minute? Yes. If you play a sine wave of 10 Hz and leave the room to go downstairs to the kitchen, fill up your drink, and then walk back upstairs while you have left a full 3,000 watts at 10 cycles go through the driver I suggest you find another hobby. You know, one where you don't TRY to blow up your equipment. That's like buying a new Corvette, taking it home, and immediately bouncing it off the rev limiter for ten minutes then wondering why the engine failed when you casually get back to the car.
And yet, that exact thing has happened more than once with new sports cars! When I get a new car, I will baby it for 500-1,000 miles but after that, I'll use it in a spirited fashion. But no bouncing off the redline abuse.

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is offline  
post #938 of 948 Old 08-23-2016, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
Electrodynamic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 700
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
And yet, that exact thing has happened more than once with new sports cars! When I get a new car, I will baby it for 500-1,000 miles but after that, I'll use it in a spirited fashion. But no bouncing off the redline abuse.
So how is that the same thing? Treating it nicely for a while and continuing to treat it nicely for tens of thousands of miles vs bouncing it off the rev limiter for a solid minute? I think I know where Chevy or Ford would tell you where to file your complaint for engine failure.
Electrodynamic is offline  
post #939 of 948 Old 08-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 3,205
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
So how is that the same thing? Treating it nicely for a while and continuing to treat it nicely for tens of thousands of miles vs bouncing it off the rev limiter for a solid minute? I think I know where Chevy or Ford would tell you where to file your complaint for engine failure.
Ha! I was agreeing with you saying that unfortunately, more than 1 new sports car has been ruined from someone bouncing off the rev limiter.
Electrodynamic likes this.

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is offline  
post #940 of 948 Old 08-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Point Source
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 11,336
Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
That's what I thought too. Brandon and I didn't get to play with the BHS-24 until a few weeks later. Were you crazy enough to take a ride in the van? And did you wear hearing protection? I saw a few people after going for a ride in that SUV and they looked like they had been in a fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Yes I did! Got a video of it even.

Lol, of course I wore hearing protection. Though I think it fell off at one point it was so loud. Haha! But I didn't have any after effects of the ride. Sterling took it easy on me and it was a fun ride. Plus I got to see a little more of the area where Brandon lives. Such a nice place.
Yea I was the only fool that went sans hearing protection. It was stupid but memorable to say the least. Thanks for kind words SS, I do love my area of this world tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
For a full minute? Yes. If you play a sine wave of 10 Hz and leave the room to go downstairs to the kitchen, fill up your drink, and then walk back upstairs while you have left a full 3,000 watts at 10 cycles go through the driver I suggest you find another hobby. You know, one where you don't TRY to blow up your equipment.
That's what I'm here for anyways. I told dgage from the beginning I could stress test his stuff for him, find out how to kill it. He didn't believe me.
Electrodynamic likes this.
beastaudio is offline  
post #941 of 948 Old 09-16-2016, 04:38 PM
Senior Member
 
rush2049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Yea I was the only fool that went sans hearing protection. It was stupid but memorable to say the least. Thanks for kind words SS, I do love my area of this world tremendously.
You were spoiled / coerced to beat the volume levels that gorilla allows to happen at all his meetups....


And yes, a very pretty area, honeymoon worthy I would say
(I think I still have your movie sitting around here somewhere, gatta get that back to you)
rush2049 is online now  
post #942 of 948 Old 09-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Point Source
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 11,336
Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2049 View Post
You were spoiled / coerced to beat the volume levels that gorilla allows to happen at all his meetups....


And yes, a very pretty area, honeymoon worthy I would say
(I think I still have your movie sitting around here somewhere, gatta get that back to you)
No problem buddy. On your own time
beastaudio is offline  
post #943 of 948 Old 09-19-2016, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Mfusick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Western MA
Posts: 31,871
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 2604
monoprice is selling LMS ultra now ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Mfusick is offline  
post #944 of 948 Old 09-19-2016, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,971
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
monoprice is selling LMS ultra now ?

It's the 15" lms-r

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #945 of 948 Old 09-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 20,461
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4892 Post(s)
Liked: 3814
Link? My friend in L.A. is looking for more.
Scott Simonian is offline  
post #946 of 948 Old 09-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 3,205
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Link? My friend in L.A. is looking for more.
http://www.avsforum.com/monoprice-mo...content=title2

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is offline  
post #947 of 948 Old 09-19-2016, 02:53 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 20,461
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4892 Post(s)
Liked: 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Thanks, David but I was hoping that it was the driver, itself, that was now available.

Is it, btw or just the whole finished sub?
Scott Simonian is offline  
post #948 of 948 Old 09-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 3,205
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Someone sent me that link and that is all I know about.

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off