Building ports tomorrow. Please look at my 3 tuning plots (13ft^3 ported, 18" driver) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-20-2013, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Im crossposting this from a different forum, because i want as many opinions as possible before I make a decision.

Ok, sonotube is cut, drivers are tested and sitting in the corner. about to cut my end caps tomorrow.

A final decision on tune/port length before I cut the ports.

Here is a winISD plot at 650 watts with a 17, 15, and 13.2hz tune. All three plots have a high pass filter applied to limit excursion down below the tuning point, so it may seem like they're dropping off quickly. In actuality this is a more realworld since I will be applying a filter anyways for safety and headroom.

So, which plot do you like the most ? Don't pay too much attention to spl as I will be running 2 of these with 650 watts to each. Extension is more important to me than max spl. Excursion is safe, just a hair over xmax, and port velocities are ok, a max of around 24m/sec on the 13hz tune.

qteU1xc.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I like the 15hz option myself. To me, that's the sweet spot when it comes to tuning LLT's. Tuning lower and you really start to lose your bottom end unless you have a driver that likes a massive enclosure (20ft+).

YID DIY
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page