QSC HPR 152 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-22-2013, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope I'm not offending anyone by posting this question in the DIY speaker forum, but it seemed the most appropriate place to ask.
I have been using Genisis V with Audio Research tube amps in my home theater room for 14 years now and I'm ready for a change. The change has come about mostly for speaker placement and increased dynamics.
I've searched for user's of the QSC HPR 152 in home theater application, and non have showed.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
You looking to use the entire QSC designed speaker, or just the HF horn installed in your own custom speaker? Either should sound very good.

-Mike Bentz
~It's all about compromise~
post #3 of 3 Old 04-22-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I used 3 QSC HPR153's for L C R duties and they were beasts. I wasn't crazy about leaving them turned on all the time behind a AT screen so I went in a different direction with Triad Gold LCR's and have been very happy. The main difference though is the QSC's had a big time mid-bass punch and more dynamics overall but the Triads have a smoother and more musical response while still being dynamic.

Personally I am going to try the SEOS offerings next but it is a DIY option: http://www.diysoundgroup.com/waveguide-speaker-kits/fusion-series-kits/fusion12-kit.html They have a bunch of different versions and I hear they might be working on complete speakers so you don't have to DIY. You can contact Erich H who runs the site for more options.

You're going in the right direction for a better movie experience. I still have my Von Schweikerts for music in a separate system and have owned Linn, Aerial, B&W, Thiel and a bunch of other audiophile brands over the years but high efficiency designs like the QSC and SEOS have a big time advantage when it comes to movies.

"Half the world is looking for Jesus, and the other half is looking for more bass..."
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page