dual Infinity 1260w In Wall - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Helped with finally finishing Dad's 52" TV theater setup. Problem is available space and wanting to try something different. Their room is small with short seating distance of about 8ft from chair to screen. Design was total concealment of his system. Decided to squeeze in two 1260w's inside an 18" tall box that fits within wall studs. With the only corner of the wall free, the rear of the box just barely fits under the kitchen sink plumbing. The other areas of the wall are occupied by drawers and the dishwasher. Thought of easily trying two 10's but what's the fun in that smile.gif

The mains are monoprice 7604s for LCR and 4104s in the ceiling for surrounds with a second pair for zone 2 in another room.
The subs are powered by a epx2000 bridged into 8 ohms. Second driver is wired out of phase since it's mounted reverse. The infinity drivers have a chamfered pole piece and not noisy mounted reverse. Box vibration in the wall is slim to none which was another goal even though it was constructed out of 1/2" osb giving about 2 cubes of shared space. About 1lb of polyfill is in there. Had the extra 7604 left over so sacrificed it's frame and grill to cover the mouth of the sub. A Yamaha receiver and BD player are networked in a closet controlled via tablet from the living room. Told them they should paint the front grills all flat/gloss black but my mom likes the white.

Sounds pretty cool. The first thing they watched on it was the original Jurassic Park on bluray.

"I should really see what dB levels I'm pushing. Long as it can't foam my beer during a movie we are ok "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 97
That is way too cool and inventive. Also what is the bottom right speaker in the last picture? Isn't the TV going to block the speakers?

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 07:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
nice and good call on the clamshell design to reduce vibrations.

what are you doing for eq to bring up the bottom end?

Listen. It's All Good.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjuku View Post

That is way too cool and inventive. Also what is the bottom right speaker in the last picture? Isn't the TV going to block the speakers?
Thanks! TV covers up almost half of the center channel but it's ok and sounds fine. Clears left right and most of the sub. The bottom right white speaker is the subs covered by the exact same monoprice grill. We cut out the monoprice speaker baffle and used the frame to make everything match. That was my girls idea actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post

nice and good call on the clamshell design to reduce vibrations.
what are you doing for eq to bring up the bottom end?
Yeah the box and under sink area has very little vibration with the design. Started out as dual opposed but compacted inwards to fit with a simple clam design. Its screwed into the wall studs for re-enforcement. Eq if needed will be a fbq1000 (same as old bfd1124p). So far they are pleased and don't listen to bass as loud as it's capable. Nothing exceeds like excess if he want's to show off a little it's there biggrin.gif Hidden T-rex in the tv wall lol

"I should really see what dB levels I'm pushing. Long as it can't foam my beer during a movie we are ok "
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page