Need some help setting up an Inuke NU100DSP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 04-28-2013, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi folks, hope someone can help me! I have a dayton rss390ho-4 in a seald flatpack from diy soundgoup. i also have an nu 100 dsp to power it! i`m totaly lost on how to set up the Inuke! the directions are no help to me i don`t understand them! i need someone that has done this befor to walk me though it . What each screen means. what # to set it at.i do hear some sound out of it but not like my little 8" sub did!do i need to run bi amp? how do i do that?2 speaker wire`s?rolleyes.gif
any help at all ,i`m lost!tongue.gif thank you guys!!!!smile.gif
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-28-2013, 10:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 832
which flatpack or how many cubic feet is the enclosure?

Listen. It's All Good.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-29-2013, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

it`s a 3 cubic foot flatpac! by d i y soundgoup!if i can get my cam to work i`ll take some pictures but i need to get a new camra for my theater build soon anyway! rolleyes.gif
post #4 of 11 Old 04-29-2013, 03:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Plug it in. Turn it on. Turn it up. That should be all you need to do to get started.

What receiver are you connecting it to? I suspect that you need to make adjustments here.

-Max
post #5 of 11 Old 04-29-2013, 04:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 142
What you need to do is figure out how to properly set the DSP settings on your iNuke-1000dsp. You should have things like low pass filter, high pass filter, delay, phase, ect...You will need some way to measure the frequency responce, and I am pretty sure that you can use REW with a Dayton or Minidsp mic that will import the measurements into your iNuke.

So first thing is first, you need a measurement mic. I recommend buying one from Cross Spectrum Labs or Parts Express. Then you will need to download and learn to use REW. Go to hometheatershack.com and start reading about REW as much as you can!
post #6 of 11 Old 04-29-2013, 05:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

What you need to do is figure out how to properly set the DSP settings on your iNuke-1000dsp. You should have things like low pass filter, high pass filter, delay, phase, ect...You will need some way to measure the frequency responce, and I am pretty sure that you can use REW with a Dayton or Minidsp mic that will import the measurements into your iNuke.

So first thing is first, you need a measurement mic. I recommend buying one from Cross Spectrum Labs or Parts Express. Then you will need to download and learn to use REW. Go to hometheatershack.com and start reading about REW as much as you can!

+1
post #7 of 11 Old 04-29-2013, 10:46 AM

Liked: 17
Ok. The 390ho in a 3cu.ft. enclosure using the inuke1000dsp. I modeled this in some simulation software (WinISD) and you should net around 95db at 20Hz before the room adds gain to the response. Expect a 6db increase adding an identical second sub. Anyway...

Assuming the sub is completely sealed with no air leaks...and all power to all equipment is off...

First, you're going to want to run the inuke in Bridge mode. In the inuke remote software (or via front panel) select the Configuration tab and click Bridge. The 390ho has an RMS rating of 800w with a max power handling of 1600w. The inuke in Bridge mode is listed as 1050w. Next click the Filter/Crossover tab. Under High Pass 1 input 20Hz and Linkwitz-Riley as the filter type and 24db as the slope. For Low pass, this depends on how they are integrated with your main speakers, but 200Hz for the Frequency, Butterworth filter type, and 18db slope should suffice.

Go ahead and save your settings in the inuke under the Setup tab.

Adjusting sub eq and phase will really require an acoustic measurement system that Martycool suggested. It would be much easier to see the systems' frequency response as you make adjustments to a filter, phase, eq, gain etc. Of course, learning REW (Room EQ Wizard, measurement software) and how to take proper acoustic measurements will be quite a learning exercise if you're having trouble understanding the inuke manual, but it would be well worth it. The microphone is relatively inexpensive and REW is free and if you have a laptop with usb, you're set.

Second, for the Bridge mode on the amp, you'll need to use a Speakon NL4FC male connector and wire it 1+ 2+ with 12AWG 2-conductor speaker cable. Google "NL4FC wiring" for instruction. If you're building a theater and doing in-wall make sure it's CL2 rated. Connect the speakon to the B output on the inuke and connect the other end to the sub. It really doesn't matter what connector is at the sub end, you can use speakon or banana since it's only 2-conductor cable.

Third, turn on equipment, play some music with the inuke volume down and slowly turn it up.

From here, it's a matter of checking everything from the source to the sub if you encounter problems. Good luck!

-Nate
post #8 of 11 Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Start simple. Get it working with no eq first. You need to do that if you want to measure anyway.

It sounds like you need help with setup to get the output level up. I think that will most likely be resolved by increasing the sub output level in your receiver.

-Max
post #9 of 11 Old 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcooper View Post

Start simple. Get it working with no eq first. You need to do that if you want to measure anyway.

It sounds like you need help with setup to get the output level up. I think that will most likely be resolved by increasing the sub output level in your receiver.

-Max

That's what I think as well, Max. Also, I believe he has it wired wrong. If he's using a NL2FC to one channel, he is only sending the sub 300w into 4ohms from one channel from the amp. This would net ~86db at 20Hz whereas wired with a NL4FX bridged, the sub would be getting 1000w into 4ohms which is about a 10db difference (simulated). He's got some stuff to check, that's for sure. smile.gif

-Nate
post #10 of 11 Old 04-30-2013, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

wow thank you all! i hope i can figure all this out ! i was away for a couple of days and just got back so i`ll start tring some of this stuff now thank you all so much i`ll have to learn how to mesure i`ll get a mike ! biggrin.gif
joe
post #11 of 11 Old 05-06-2013, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
make sure you set up the dsp using the USB cable and download that behringer program. it makes it a lot easier then using the front button on the DSP.

FSChris
ASROCK H67 GE / HT
Core i3

Carver AV-705 5Channel AMP
Zaph 2.5MM TT'S DIY

Emotiva XPA3

Emotiva UMC 200

2 x MFW 15 Clones DIY

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page