Looking to DIY dual 15's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey guys,

I have decided to jump into the world of DIY and I have a couple of noob questions I hope you'll help me out with! smile.gif I want to do some sealed 15's in approximately 4 cubic foot boxes. I am really trying to stay within a budget of about $700-$800 build total.

I was really looking at the Dayton DVC385 but know have started to wonder about the Ultimax UM15.

I am looking at the Behringer iNuke3000 (~$250 at musicians friend) or something similar to power these. Will this amplifier suffice?

I will eventually be building two more of the same subs to run a quad configuration eventually.

Another question is output and extension-wise, will two of these put my eD-a5-350 (old, downfiring model) to shame? My room is approximately 20x14x8. I want to run duals to get the smoothest response across all my seats. My room does not play nice with one sub and currently I have one of my pa-120 subs worked in with my eD sub to help with some room modes.

I'm sorry for the cluster of questions, I just want to jump on this gear before it goes off sale today and tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy013 View Post

Hey guys,

I have decided to jump into the world of DIY and I have a couple of noob questions I hope you'll help me out with! smile.gif I want to do some sealed 15's in approximately 4 cubic foot boxes. I am really trying to stay within a budget of about $700-$800 build total.

I was really looking at the Dayton DVC385 but know have started to wonder about the Ultimax UM15.

I am looking at the Behringer iNuke3000 (~$250 at musicians friend) or something similar to power these. Will this amplifier suffice?

I will eventually be building two more of the same subs to run a quad configuration eventually.

Another question is output and extension-wise, will two of these put my eD-a5-350 (old, downfiring model) to shame? My room is approximately 20x14x8. I want to run duals to get the smoothest response across all my seats. My room does not play nice with one sub and currently I have one of my pa-120 subs worked in with my eD sub to help with some room modes.

I'm sorry for the cluster of questions, I just want to jump on this gear before it goes off sale today and tomorrow.

I like the Ultimax, but if you are short on funds the DVC is a really good deal. The iNuke 3000 SHOULD be enough for you. Thought about getting the DSP model?

Hard to say how this new setup will compare to the ED sub- is it sealed or ported?
post #3 of 3 Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkest View Post

I like the Ultimax, but if you are short on funds the DVC is a really good deal. The iNuke 3000 SHOULD be enough for you. Thought about getting the DSP model?

Hard to say how this new setup will compare to the ED sub- is it sealed or ported?

I have thought about the dsp model, but I already have a behringer dsp1124, which should still work for this application.

The eD sub is a ported 15". It is rated down to +/-3db @ 19hz. I could still possibly use this in combination with duals, but I'm sure it would take some tinkering to get it to play nice.

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page