Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi all,

I ran some graphs of my new drivers in old boxes today and was not very happy with how Audyssey XT32 has done my low tune.

I have 3 tunes. 12.5hz, 17.5hz and 21.5hz. This was a sub I built a while ago but sold my old FI Q drivers and have now replaced with two Havoc drivers.

The alignment is better than before but for some weird reason the low tune has come out with a very large dip between 10 and 20hz.

I ran Audyssey in my middle tune as I did this last time. My low tune came out ok last time too when I ran some REW sweeps.

The only difference this time is that I am using windows on my mac via bootcamp. I am using the same external turtle beach sound card too.

I have also attached my winisd graphs to show what it should look like without room gain etc...

Should I run Audyssey in my low tune instead or do something else.

I have the inuke 6000 DSP and have EQ'd them but to be honest I am not that keen on the EQ function on it as I prefer the BFD route but thought I would give this a go.

I guess I need to take some nearfield measurements of each sub and see what the room is doing to the response too.

Any other suggestions would be grateful too.

cheers

Graham

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page