My Microwrecker build ( with either kicker cvx-15 or pa mofo 152x /154x) - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 68 Old 10-11-2013, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
This is interesting stuff. If i had a garage to work in, I could fool around with building stuff. Have to settle for pre made, for the time being. Here is my next project. Adding 2 more 15 inch subwoofers to my home hi fi.
I have six running already, but had to try the mofos. Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTM1YTAyMjcwNGZmYmUzMGUzMDM1YTA1MDZiOWY0ZjdlYTYzfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tb2JpbGVfc291bmR3b3Jrc3x8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9Ny8xNS8xMyAxMjo1MyBQTQ==Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTM1YTAyMjcwNGZmYmUzMGUzMDM1YTA1MDZiOWY0ZjdlYTYzfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tb2JpbGVfc291bmR3b3Jrc3x8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9Ny8xNS8xMyAxMjo1MyBQTQ==Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2b

These will be 32hz tuned, and I am going to try have these two sloped off at 40hz to keep them as extremely low, feel bass performers.

A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are
least under rated if at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 Old 10-11-2013, 08:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 906
if you plug up exactly half the port the whole way down the length, the tuning frequency will fall by about root 2, or from 32hz to about 23hz in your case. might be a simple way to see what notes you may (or may not) be missing.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #63 of 68 Old 10-15-2013, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
u have to let me know how u like the mofo's , there apealing because recone kits are 45-60 bucks depending on were u get them
post #64 of 68 Old 11-17-2013, 08:47 AM

Yes the boxes are 4 cubic feet in my case so if i want to go lower i can extend the ports on the inside very easily. I am very surprised with these for the price. They have a distinct lowness to them in comparison to my cerwin vega strokers and my rockford T2s. 131.00 each LOL, These things are extremely impressive at this price point!!.

My cerwin strokers had recone kits available also but no more lol. I seriously doubt i will ever need them, as it is hard to drive all my 15 inch to anywhere near blowing power in my 14 by 11 listening room.

Ltd. i have 10 other subs i run simultaneously in sealed units, then i got 8 15 inch ported, so I doubt I am missing any lows lol, but i know what you mean.

A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are
post #65 of 68 Old 11-17-2013, 09:03 AM

I am capable of doing some smaller tasks in my 10 foot by 10 foot part basement lol. Here i had to change the tuning of these boxes by narrowing the port by half inch and
extending it by 4 inches with standard mdf shelfs

These boxes sounded like total crap!!!! stock, and now they are fairly good, but I would never buy these boxes again. When you pay for boxes you don't want to have to do WORK. LOL. After buying two top the line name brand high end high price point subwoofers, I just had to try top of the line low price point for interest. The Audiopipe eye candy subs are not that bad at all.

post #66 of 68 Old 11-17-2013, 09:07 AM

More pics of the Mofos. 350.00 cheaper than rockford t2s, and well worth the price.

post #67 of 68 Old 11-17-2013, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplayerson View Post

More pics of the Mofos. 350.00 cheaper than rockford t2s, and well worth the price.

what kind of rms power are u feeding them, how are they holding up, i still want to try theese in a tapped horn or larged ported cab
post #68 of 68 Old 11-17-2013, 10:32 PM

I have one Samson SX 3200 in bridged mode on each subwoofer wired to 8 ohms. Maximum power in bridged mode 2000 watts at 8 ohms. In normal use they sound pretty good just getting three to six hundred.

I drive all subs at 8 ohm load as Damping factor and thus Woofer control, and bass accuracy is much better, the higher resistance load is better for the amplifier, Capacitance is doubled resulting in better hitting lows, and in general you get twice the power at half the voltage making it easier to drive any load.

The Mofos are rated for 1700, but i just round all subs down to 1000 rms, as very few subs are compliant like the rockford subwoofers. They are no match for my
rockford t2s or the cerwin strokers, but they still are surprisingly good.

Have fun blowing the cones out. I guess at 70.00 a recone, one can afford to be a test junkie. )) Do the same to a T2 and your simply out 500.00 a sub.

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page