amp help behringer ep2000 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 06-02-2013, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You'll never believe it. I'm a huge jerk. After this whole saga... i decided to use some new wires inside the box to connect the subs together (since they are wired in series). And boom. they are now hitting huge. I can feel the ground vibrate 2 floors up. I knew that they weren't huge subs, but i knew they would be louder than what i was getting. I do want to thank everyone for all the help. I learned alot about how to troubleshoot... but in the end its always something simple.

now its on to figuring out what kind of dimmer for my led rope lights won't make them flicker...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 06-02-2013, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexinator View Post

You'll never believe it. I'm a huge jerk. After this whole saga... i decided to use some new wires inside the box to connect the subs together (since they are wired in series). And boom. they are now hitting huge. I can feel the ground vibrate 2 floors up. I knew that they weren't huge subs, but i knew they would be louder than what i was getting. I do want to thank everyone for all the help. I learned alot about how to troubleshoot... but in the end its always something simple.

now its on to figuring out what kind of dimmer for my led rope lights won't make them flicker...

Good to hear you got it figured out. 99% of the time the biggest issues stem from the smallest problems.

I really like Smarthome dimmers. They work great on my stage, sofit, and riser rope lighting. Dim at multiple settings with no flicker. Only minor setback is the switches flow enough current even when off that the lights will never completely dim. Not really an issue for me but YMMV.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #33 of 35 Old 06-02-2013, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 248

So what was wrong with the old speaker wire? Were they wired incorrectly?

post #34 of 35 Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

No it was wired correctly, I even checked the impedance(which was fine, so not a short)

I suspect that the end of it was corroded or something, the connecting wire didn't look to be copper. I re-wired it with fresh 12ga.

That box kicked for a few years in my car then lived in the basement for a few years...
post #35 of 35 Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

In case you wanted to see the faulty wire... here's a nice pic. I want to mention, when I originally bought the box, this wire was part of the original setup. It isn't a very nice wire, and looking at it now, I can't believe I never replaced it.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page