New amp choice for sub duty - CV5000 or Peavey IPR7500? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 211 Old 06-24-2013, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 398
I'm currently exploring my options for a new amp for sub duty to drive my 8 x 18 Dayton HO setup. I've got both of these choices on order now, but they're back ordered until mid July or so from my source. Both are about the same price. I can cancel either one as needed.

Old school honkin' Iron vs. new lightweight technology. Plenty of power in either scenario. The peavey is brand new and haven't heard much feedback yet, but seems promising.

I'd be picking up a pair of either of these guys, 4 subs on each amp. Peavey doesn't looked like it can be bridged, so each would be run in 2 ohm stereo. The CV run in 4 ohm bridged.

Thoughts?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/peavey-ipr-2-7500-w-lightweight-dual-space-rackmount-power-amp

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Cerwin-Vega-CV-5000-High-Performance-Professional-Power-Amplifier-109103564-i1688723.gc
Gorilla83 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 211 Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,889
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 337
I'm loving the peavy! it's no clone but it's damn good! I've got it powering some 21" strokers at a friends house for the next 2 weeks waiting for me to get off my butt and get another power line put in lol. Can't say about the CV but the peavy is really great.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
post #3 of 211 Old 06-24-2013, 09:30 PM
 
Splicer010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I would go with old school CV, out of the 2 choices...
Splicer010 is offline  
post #4 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I bet the Peavy puts less draw on the powerbill, prob not a big deal if you always turn on/off but I rarely do.

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
NWCgrad is online now  
post #5 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,387
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

I'm currently exploring my options for a new amp for sub duty to drive my 8 x 18 Dayton HO setup. I've got both of these choices on order now, but they're back ordered until mid July or so from my source. Both are about the same price. I can cancel either one as needed.

Old school honkin' Iron vs. new lightweight technology. Plenty of power in either scenario. The peavey is brand new and haven't heard much feedback yet, but seems promising.

Thoughts?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/peavey-ipr-2-7500-w-lightweight-dual-space-rackmount-power-amp

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Cerwin-Vega-CV-5000-High-Performance-Professional-Power-Amplifier-109103564-i1688723.gc

The one with the DSP.
arnyk is offline  
post #6 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I'm loving the peavy! it's no clone but it's damn good! I've got it powering some 21" strokers at a friends house for the next 2 weeks waiting for me to get off my butt and get another power line put in lol. Can't say about the CV but the peavy is really great.

N8 - You know I was hoping you would respond here. biggrin.gif That's awesome you've got one powered up already. When you said "it's no clone" - how far off does it appear to be in terms of raw power? My XLS5000 seemed to have just as much power if not more in bridged mode than one of my clone's channels. That's just going by ear/feel though, not measurement and I doubt it's as strong <20hz. My replacement amp would be in pairs as in I would be buying two of these guys to replace my FP14000 which I recently sold to try something else. I had also strongly considered a speakerpower but they're just a bit out of budget at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

I would go with old school CV, out of the 2 choices...

Intersting - any reason why? Proven power, etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post

I bet the Peavy puts less draw on the powerbill, prob not a big deal if you always turn on/off but I rarely do.

Probably true, but my amps are triggered via a relay so only powered on when in use. For the hour or so I use it each night (tops), I don't think either one is going to put a hurting on the bills. tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

The one with the DSP.

The CV5 does not offer DSP, and the IPR7500DSP doesn't look like it will be released until much later this year. frown.gif I have a miniDSP anyway, so not much of a concern.
Gorilla83 is offline  
post #7 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,387
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post


The CV5 does not offer DSP, and the IPR7500DSP doesn't look like it will be released until much later this year. frown.gif I have a miniDSP anyway, so not much of a concern.

According to page 28 of the instruction manual there is among other things a 4 band full parametric eq, which is enough to get a fair amount of useful things done.
arnyk is offline  
post #8 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 08:08 AM
 
JWagstaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 68
how come you don't get a fp14000 clone?
JWagstaff is offline  
post #9 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sibuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,205
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 324
rill had one and sold it. Hes looking for something that might not burn his house down and has a warrenty
Sibuna is online now  
post #10 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post

rill had one and sold it. Hes looking for something that might not burn his house down and has a warrenty

Correct - I sold my FP14000 and I still have my original FP14000 around that I repaired. It's powering up now, but looks like one of the "new" amp modules is defective. The other channel works fine. Damn. I've got a few of the old amp modules I can swap back in to try out as well.

Somehow I talked myself into picking up another FP for 'testing' purposes during our amp comparison GTG - whenever that may be. The guy I got my Yorkvilles from had a like new FP10000Q that I had been dying to compare for powering LCR duty. He pretty much made it impossible to pass up. tongue.gif That will be up for sale as well once we've done our comparisons. tongue.gif Heck maybe I will try this out on my subs as well.
Gorilla83 is offline  
post #11 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
cookieattk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 60
i am going to be testing a ipr7500 i will also retest ep4000s. i can test down to 10hz accurately i can only do 3k watts 2ohm and 6k 4ohm data sheet says they can do 40% more for 15s i have dedicated 120v 20a / 220v 20a in my shop so if anyone wants to send me a clone im sure i can fry it for you.
saginawjuggalo likes this.
cookieattk is offline  
post #12 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,382
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 447
I was just gonna ask, since you're working with an all-sealed setup, how concerned are you with signal chain rolloff? It can become a pretty big deal when choosing components without taking that into account.
nube is offline  
post #13 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,889
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

N8 - You know I was hoping you would respond here. biggrin.gif That's awesome you've got one powered up already. When you said "it's no clone" - how far off does it appear to be in terms of raw power? My XLS5000 seemed to have just as much power if not more in bridged mode than one of my clone's channels. That's just going by ear/feel though, not measurement and I doubt it's as strong <20hz. My replacement amp would be in pairs as in I would be buying two of these guys to replace my FP14000 which I recently sold to try something else. I had also strongly considered a speakerpower but they're just a bit out of budget at the moment.
Intersting - any reason why? Proven power, etc?
Probably true, but my amps are triggered via a relay so only powered on when in use. For the hour or so I use it each night (tops), I don't think either one is going to put a hurting on the bills. tongue.gif
The CV5 does not offer DSP, and the IPR7500DSP doesn't look like it will be released until much later this year. frown.gif I have a miniDSP anyway, so not much of a concern.

It's rocks the hel out of the strokers, it will push them beyond their limits. The reason I say not quite a clone is only because running the same spl on the strokers as the clone, the 7500 tickles the clip light and the clone still has more i the tank. I'd image the difference isn't much but it is what it is. If I was to do it all again, I'd likely get the 7500's instead. Warranty, lots of power and cheaper.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
post #14 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,257
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Liked: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

I was just gonna ask, since you're working with an all-sealed setup, how concerned are you with signal chain rolloff? It can become a pretty big deal when choosing components without taking that into account.

Yeah. I want to know. I wouldn't consider the Peavey at all until I knew what it was doing <20hz. The CV5000 is a solid purchase choice.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #15 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Would be awesome to see the results of the <20Hz performance of the Peavy. Can't find any info in the manual.

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
NWCgrad is online now  
post #16 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

I was just gonna ask, since you're working with an all-sealed setup, how concerned are you with signal chain rolloff? It can become a pretty big deal when choosing components without taking that into account.

For sure I would want something that does not roll off until single digits. With my crown I'm flat to 7hz or so which is more than fine. My clone showed about the same, maybe 1hz lower.
Gorilla83 is offline  
post #17 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 3,899
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Correct - I sold my FP14000 and I still have my original FP14000 around that I repaired. It's powering up now, but looks like one of the "new" amp modules is defective. The other channel works fine. Damn. I've got a few of the old amp modules I can swap back in to try out as well.

Somehow I talked myself into picking up another FP for 'testing' purposes during our amp comparison GTG - whenever that may be. The guy I got my Yorkvilles from had a like new FP10000Q that I had been dying to compare for powering LCR duty. He pretty much made it impossible to pass up. tongue.gifThat will be up for sale as well once we've done our comparisons. tongue.gif Heck maybe I will try this out on my subs as well.

Dibbs!
popalock is offline  
post #18 of 211 Old 06-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Senior Member
 
ironhead1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
It would be cool to see spec lab mic captures of the different amps. I know I've read about bosso doing comparisons, but don't think he's posted any of the captures. You might be able to get spec lab working with your omnimic. Let me know if you're interested. Or I might be able to make a trip with my measurement rig.
ironhead1230 is offline  
post #19 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 12:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
LTD02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 16,839
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 1163
edit: reply in wrong thread.

Listen. It's All Good.
LTD02 is offline  
post #20 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tsloms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,025
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
N8, is the IPR7500 a vacuum cleaner like the rest of the IPR and Inuke amps? I know it's a bit of an oxymoron but I'd like to find more of a quietish high powered amp to drive a quad of SI 18's.
tsloms is offline  
post #21 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

According to page 28 of the instruction manual there is among other things a 4 band full parametric eq, which is enough to get a fair amount of useful things done.

Arny - It looks like that the manual linked is not the actual manual for the 7500. The DSP model is the unit with the 4 band eq. Pretty limited still if you ask me - my minidsp has a bit more useful settings anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieattk View Post

i am going to be testing a ipr7500 i will also retest ep4000s. i can test down to 10hz accurately i can only do 3k watts 2ohm and 6k 4ohm data sheet says they can do 40% more for 15s i have dedicated 120v 20a / 220v 20a in my shop so if anyone wants to send me a clone im sure i can fry it for you.

Cool - When is this going down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

It's rocks the hel out of the strokers, it will push them beyond their limits. The reason I say not quite a clone is only because running the same spl on the strokers as the clone, the 7500 tickles the clip light and the clone still has more i the tank. I'd image the difference isn't much but it is what it is. If I was to do it all again, I'd likely get the 7500's instead. Warranty, lots of power and cheaper.

Cool, sounds good. I'm still torn and now my order is showing a backorder date of July 30th to ship - change from July 19th from yesterday haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhead1230 View Post

It would be cool to see spec lab mic captures of the different amps. I know I've read about bosso doing comparisons, but don't think he's posted any of the captures. You might be able to get spec lab working with your omnimic. Let me know if you're interested. Or I might be able to make a trip with my measurement rig.

Agreed - Is the software available for download?
Gorilla83 is offline  
post #22 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

For sure I would want something that does not roll off until single digits. With my crown I'm flat to 7hz or so which is more than fine. My clone showed about the same, maybe 1hz lower.

Which crown ? I keep seeing people post that they have non defeatable HPF around 20 Hz, reference is always tech support at crown. Unlike QSC which typically states the -3 dB point it is difficult to find any information on the affordable crown amps.

Thanks

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
NWCgrad is online now  
post #23 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post

Which crown ? I keep seeing people post that they have non defeatable HPF around 20 Hz, reference is always tech support at crown. Unlike QSC which typically states the -3 dB point it is difficult to find any information on the affordable crown amps.

Thanks

XLS5000 - this is not one of the newer drivecore type amps. It's a 60+lb beast. biggrin.gif
Gorilla83 is offline  
post #24 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
NathanJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It looks like these amps can do 2 ohm stereo, that would be helpful for me over the clones.
NathanJ is offline  
post #25 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Gorilla,

Ah yes, I knew I should have bought one of those three hears ago. Big, heavy, and NICE!!!

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
NWCgrad is online now  
post #26 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sibuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,205
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

XLS5000 - this is not one of the newer drivecore type amps. It's a 60+lb beast. biggrin.gif

Avgass likes this.
Sibuna is online now  
post #27 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Senior Member
 
ironhead1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Agreed - Is the software available for download?

You can download the software and the settings file used over on DB.com here:

http://www.bossobass.com/Bossobass.com/Technical%20%28cont%29.html

I don't know of anyone that has documented getting the omnimic to work with speclab so it might not be possible. After installing it and loading the settings file, goto options >> Audio settings and check if the omnimic is a choice under the audio input device. If it is see if you get any input from the mic. If you do, send me your omnimic correction file and I'll convert it to a compatible speclab format. Then you'll have to play around with the audio levels and offsets to get the levels correct.
ironhead1230 is offline  
post #28 of 211 Old 06-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
cookieattk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 60
err ill have tests up tomorrow night it has a 20a plug on it so i had to go to lowes and buy one and somehow it is backwards so it doesn't fit so anyways tomorrow it is smile.gif
cookieattk is offline  
post #29 of 211 Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
pauleyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Great thread. Just got four 18" daytons and looking at the CV5000 and other options. I'll be interested in where you land on this...

btw - can anyone point me to testing of the CV's? Folks state they are pretty close to stated specs, but just wanted to see them.
pauleyc is offline  
post #30 of 211 Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhead1230 View Post

You can download the software and the settings file used over on DB.com here:

http://www.bossobass.com/Bossobass.com/Technical%20%28cont%29.html

I don't know of anyone that has documented getting the omnimic to work with speclab so it might not be possible. After installing it and loading the settings file, goto options >> Audio settings and check if the omnimic is a choice under the audio input device. If it is see if you get any input from the mic. If you do, send me your omnimic correction file and I'll convert it to a compatible speclab format. Then you'll have to play around with the audio levels and offsets to get the levels correct.

Thanks Mike, will check that out when I get this stuff up and running again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieattk View Post

err ill have tests up tomorrow night it has a 20a plug on it so i had to go to lowes and buy one and somehow it is backwards so it doesn't fit so anyways tomorrow it is smile.gif

Nice, can't wait to see what you come up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauleyc View Post

Great thread. Just got four 18" daytons and looking at the CV5000 and other options. I'll be interested in where you land on this...

btw - can anyone point me to testing of the CV's? Folks state they are pretty close to stated specs, but just wanted to see them.

As far as I know I don't believe there are any documented measurements out there for the CV. Those who have used it in the real world have been impressed with it's raw output though.
Gorilla83 is offline  
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Peavey Ipr2 7500 Power Amplifier 7500 Watts , Behringer Europower Ep4000 Professional Amplifier , Cerwin Vega Cv 5000 High Performance Power Amplifier
Gear in this thread - Ep4000 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off