Originally Posted by tuxedocivic
What are your output standards? If money isn't an issue and you can make them fit and like it loud, I'd go Fusion 10. That would be a very loud system with the heights and surround backs!!!
As I said, I'm not going to be able to "effectively" use a system like this in our current house. However, the new house...
And it's always good to have a system that "can" play loud, without distortion, but it doesn't have to, all the time.
The way I'm looking at this, is this.
- I'm getting 1099s as mains
- I need surrounds and height speakers as well, that "match" the 1099s tonally and from a timbre perspective. It won't be 100%, but that's ok.
- Speakers are an investment, my last set was bought almost 8 years ago.
- I expect this setup to last atleast that long, if not more.
- I'm ok with spending more money now, to buy better quality/performing speakers, even if I'm not able to use them to their full potential just yet.