Hi to all,
12 years ago I have bought Dynaudio floorstanders. They have proven to be very bad for rock /disco music that I occasionally listen. At the time I was younger and inexperienced to notice what a terrible choice I made.
Over time I have listened to home speakers that suited my taste. Among them were Cerwin Vega and Klipsch. They were speakers that could provide me round / focused / punch bass that hits me in the chest. I was also DJ and I got addicted to that sound. I need to have that punchy kick bass in 100-300Hz that makes me move.
Trying to find a better replacement on the internet I found this site. I see you create nice speakers similar to what I need. But so far I could not find exactly what I need so somebody could point me where to look. My targets and limitations are:
- For home listening but also could be for small clubs (50-100 people). So it needs to be a mix of Hi Fi and PA.
- Max width could be 18", so if there is 15" bass design that could suite this - great. Otherwise 12" is OK.
- I prefer 3-way
- Bass should go bellow 40Hz.
- It has have nice audiophile features - hi fi details, 3D, warm mids, not harsh at highs,....basically a sound that is as “hi-fi ” as reasonably possible and to show some PA attributes.
- My budget is up $1,200 for parts
Bob Crites CS-1.5 and Darren Kuzma's design of The Blue Wonders are the ones that are interesting. But, 1st is 2-way and goes to only to 40hz and the 2nd is too big.
Your opinion is the one I would appreciate.