DIY Sound Group - Does not ship internationally? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I really want to build a few of the speakers at diysoundgroup, but I don't think Erich will ship it outside of the US. I talked to him a few times, but then no reponse.

Would anyone be willing to help ship them to me? I'll pay you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 301
where are you? if you are in canada you can have it shipped to a holding company on the boarder and drive over and get them. if you are in would have to arrange it withe freight carrier. which generally is not cheap
post #3 of 20 Old 07-16-2013, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 68
if in driving distance of US https://www.kinek.com/
post #4 of 20 Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 645
There's a company in New Jersey called Jet Carrier. I know a lot of people from other countries have had things shipped there, and they forward it to to you.

FedEx and UPS are too expensive to use for shipping to other countries. So that leaves the US Postal Service. The problem is that the stuff needs to be packaged, and then I have to take it to the post office to be weighed and measured for a shipping estimate (which is usually higher than the person thought). It's not as easy for me to go to the post office because they're usually closed by the time I get off work. Keep in mind, I just do this audio stuff in my spare time. wink.gif Kits take at least 30 minutes to package up, then driving to the post office, get the estimate, then have the person say 'no thanks, that's too much for shipping.' So I'm not really sure what to do right now.

I'm trying to set up an account with them so the site will calculate estimates and print labels, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work right. Plus I'm not sure what their weight limit is on shipments.

Ideally someone in your country would consider getting a pallet of stuff delivered the same way I help get the horns from Poland. If you have any other ideas, I'll try to help out.
post #5 of 20 Old 07-16-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 589
What do you want? Full kits or just some parts.
post #6 of 20 Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

I really want to build a few of the speakers at diysoundgroup, but I don't think Erich will ship it outside of the US. I talked to him a few times, but then no reponse.

Would anyone be willing to help ship them to me? I'll pay you.

I'm in the same boat as you. Didn't hear back on my last attempt (link below), although it's a busy thread so easily missed I guess.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1291022/hey-guys-we-need-a-little-rallying-here/7650#post_23456692
post #7 of 20 Old 07-19-2013, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I was in the same boat when I asked Erich, pretty much impossible for us Canucks for reasons listed above.
It's unfortunate because any direct shipping is totally not worth it because of the sheer weight of the MDF in any of the flat packs.

I eventually managed to get some DNA-360's and a 1.5cuft flat pack for my TC3k.
I used a shipping depot in Niagara Falls, NY, though, seeing as I live in NF, Ontario, it was really close to pick up.
post #8 of 20 Old 07-19-2013, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 645
The US Postal Service account is set up, I just have to try to get it to work with the website program.

My sister did say she would help out and go to the post office on Saturday mornings to get estimates. So we'll see how it goes shortly.
post #9 of 20 Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 AM

Has anyone used "reship.com" to ship from the US?

Erich, what do you think a rough weight would be for 3 fusion max kits WITHOUT the woofers (which you may recall I already bought).
post #10 of 20 Old 07-21-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by batfink007 View Post

Has anyone used "reship.com" to ship from the US?

Erich, what do you think a rough weight would be for 3 fusion max kits WITHOUT the woofers (which you may recall I already bought).

I have had some customers that use reship.com on a regular basis. It seemed to work fine for them.
batfink007 likes this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #11 of 20 Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

I have had some customers that use reship.com on a regular basis. It seemed to work fine for them.

Thanks. I'll look into it a bit more then.
post #12 of 20 Old 07-22-2013, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sorry for the delay in replies... I forgot to subscribe to my own thread (I thought you'll automatically be subscribed to threads you start)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post

where are you? if you are in canada you can have it shipped to a holding company on the boarder and drive over and get them. if you are in would have to arrange it withe freight carrier. which generally is not cheap

Thanks, but I live in Malaysia... way off... smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagstaff View Post

if in driving distance of US https://www.kinek.com/

Unfortunately, a lot further... smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post

There's a company in New Jersey called Jet Carrier. I know a lot of people from other countries have had things shipped there, and they forward it to to you.

FedEx and UPS are too expensive to use for shipping to other countries. So that leaves the US Postal Service. The problem is that the stuff needs to be packaged, and then I have to take it to the post office to be weighed and measured for a shipping estimate (which is usually higher than the person thought). It's not as easy for me to go to the post office because they're usually closed by the time I get off work. Keep in mind, I just do this audio stuff in my spare time. wink.gif Kits take at least 30 minutes to package up, then driving to the post office, get the estimate, then have the person say 'no thanks, that's too much for shipping.' So I'm not really sure what to do right now.

I'm trying to set up an account with them so the site will calculate estimates and print labels, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work right. Plus I'm not sure what their weight limit is on shipments.

Ideally someone in your country would consider getting a pallet of stuff delivered the same way I help get the horns from Poland. If you have any other ideas, I'll try to help out.

Awesome, let me know if anything turns up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post

What do you want? Full kits or just some parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post

Not in Canada, unfortunately.

Thanks for the help guys.

I am thinking of either getting only the drivers/crossovers without the MDF flatpack or if shipping is cheap, then both. We'll see how it goes.
post #13 of 20 Old 07-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Malaysia, your my nearest neighbor. Not very far from Phnom Penh, at least in kilometers - Malaysia is about 50 years ahead in development.

Varibus Mari Victoria
post #14 of 20 Old 07-22-2013, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post

Malaysia, your my nearest neighbor. Not very far from Phnom Penh, at least in kilometers - Malaysia is about 50 years ahead in development.

I have been to Phnon Penh. I remember the way to cross roads.. just close your eyes and hope for the best (with bikes zippning pass you).

Anyways, Malaysia have it's own issues (politically speaking)... but which country doesn't?
post #15 of 20 Old 07-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Crossing the street is always an adventure! Yes, it seems that politically there are issues everywhere. That's why I come here, tune out and commiserate with the the other stereo/HT junkies.

Varibus Mari Victoria
post #16 of 20 Old 07-23-2013, 03:36 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:

I have been to Phnon Penh. I remember the way to cross roads.. just close your eyes and hope for the best (with bikes zippning pass you).

Anyways, Malaysia have it's own issues (politically speaking)... but which country doesn't?
nice to see a fellow malaysian in these parts of the forum.

i too was considering on the SEOS, especially the fusion 8, but the MTM is too big to fit my TV cabinet for the center channel. looking forward to the SEOS anarchy design since they should be small enough.

skip the MDF and i'll help you with the cabinet construction. i've built several sub enclosures in the past and just had a HVLP paint sprayer system up and running at my house.
it'd be nice to finally able to hear a SEOS system.

post #17 of 20 Old 07-23-2013, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal9 View Post

nice to see a fellow malaysian in these parts of the forum.

i too was considering on the SEOS, especially the fusion 8, but the MTM is too big to fit my TV cabinet for the center channel. looking forward to the SEOS anarchy design since they should be small enough.

skip the MDF and i'll help you with the cabinet construction. i've built several sub enclosures in the past and just had a HVLP paint sprayer system up and running at my house.
it'd be nice to finally able to hear a SEOS system.

So, what sort of speakers do you have now?

Are you a cabinet maker?

If you're interested, maybe we can pool our orders together.
post #18 of 20 Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:

So, what sort of speakers do you have now?
Are you a cabinet maker?
If you're interested, maybe we can pool our orders together.
i'm currently running speakers from AAD m-series. not exactly HT friendly as they have a slight hint of distortion at high SPL. the 4 X 15" subs that i have on the other hand, will happily bring down ceiling if required. diy subs, diy subs amp, diy speaker amp. need some diy speakers to complete the diy chain.

no i'm not a cabinet maker. i'm an engineering lecturer by profession.
as per previous post, i'm forced to skip the SEOS as they won't fit my TV cabinet. only considering the zaph za5.3c for LCR as they'll fit nicely to the available space.

post #19 of 20 Old 07-23-2013, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal9 View Post

i'm currently running speakers from AAD m-series. not exactly HT friendly as they have a slight hint of distortion at high SPL. the 4 X 15" subs that i have on the other hand, will happily bring down ceiling if required. diy subs, diy subs amp, diy speaker amp. need some diy speakers to complete the diy chain.

no i'm not a cabinet maker. i'm an engineering lecturer by profession.
as per previous post, i'm forced to skip the SEOS as they won't fit my TV cabinet. only considering the zaph za5.3c for LCR as they'll fit nicely to the available space.

Well, let me know what you end up getting, maybe we can ship our stuff together...
post #20 of 20 Old 07-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Erich, check into the Fedex Great Rates hotline. It depends where you are shipping but some countries have very good rates. The rates to some countries are 40% off the standard rates. Others are much better. China often has 84% discount, UK 77% discount, Singapore, Taiwan, etc are all 70% at times. Most European countries are 40% but others are better like Italy we got 56%. No discounts need to be attached to your account.

http://www.fedex.com/us/greatrates/

John E. Janowitz
Acoustic Elegance, LLC
"Learn from the mistakes of others... you can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself"
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page