New iNuke NU4 6000 - 4 channel amp - Page 9 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
post #241 of 247 Old 02-15-2015, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbo View Post
My NU4 popped last night. I had been beating on it hard for about 4 weeks at 4ohms with no complaint.

What's interesting is it died with no content playing. I was actually calibrating my screen when there was a short pop from my subs then all 4 rings went red.

This is a beast of an amp and one hell of a value. Sometimes electronics fail, I don't think this is indicative of the amp's quality.
That is why I have back ups. One fails, back in the box and out with a new. I got a great price on my last order, so I got 3. Had to wait for the ship to come in with them. They were sold out every where.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 247 Old 02-15-2015, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
That is why I have back ups. One fails, back in the box and out with a new. I got a great price on my last order, so I got 3. Had to wait for the ship to come in with them. They were sold out every where.
I had a peavy to take over in the mean time. I was still hitting reference with just 1000 watts.
Reefdvr27 likes this.
post #243 of 247 Old 02-18-2015, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 303
A nu4-6k is on its way to Noynyt for testing. Please see his thread for the results.

Measuring Amplifiers
post #244 of 247 Old 03-31-2015, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a nu4 on the way. I want to run L-R fronts with two channels and then i was thinking of bridging the other two for maybe a single sub. is there certain or specific channels that can be bridged or any combination? and can the L-R channels be 8 ohm and the bridged be 4ohm. thanks.
post #245 of 247 Old 03-31-2015, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 812
IIRC, A bridges with B, and C bridges with D. You can run any load combinations you want.
post #246 of 247 Old 03-31-2015, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Very Good, thank you.
I will be paring that with my nu-6000 that runs subs only. so if all works well I will have to build better fronts.don't need any more subs really whats a good way to use the other two channels? any advice? I know others are using as a center. would running double fronts cause problems? my room is very large it's really three rooms open floor plan.
thanks again.
post #247 of 247 Unread Today, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by spur31 View Post
Very Good, thank you.
I will be paring that with my nu-6000 that runs subs only. so if all works well I will have to build better fronts.don't need any more subs really whats a good way to use the other two channels? any advice? I know others are using as a center. would running double fronts cause problems? my room is very large it's really three rooms open floor plan.
thanks again.
I use the other two channels to run the surrounds. It's overkill, but who doesn't love overkill?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier