My attention to detail makes me think I'm a crazy person haha
Anyway, (not helping myself not look crazy) I cut out the holes for the inserts and of course I made it a two step process: drilling a 23/64th hole about a 1/2" depth then a 1/4" hole the hole way through so you can't see the insert from the outside.
And the hole just big enough to fit the screw in:
I also finally started gluing up the box!!!!!!!!!!
I started by clamping the entire box together and removing the side panel:
During the clamp up I noticed this. I didn't even take that into account but boy, it just baaaaaaarely fits:
Clamps prepped and the surfaces cleaned (of dog hair) and bead laid down:
I had a spare back piece and I cut a little knotch in the corner so I could clean up some of the extra view. Got a cool shot of the inside glue bead line:
All clamped up and waiting for it to dry. There was virtually no squeeze out, which has me slightly concerned, but I did lay down a good amount of glue.
I'm probably going to glue the dowels into the bracing next and glue that up. then the right side. I'll probably glue up the baffle overnight.
Edit: Protip, if you are wiping away excess glue, don't wipe it down on the plastic sheet you laid out because you will then proceed to get it on everything...cause you're working on it