Amp reccomendations for Si sub build - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-05-2013, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
First thread here. Jumping off the dual svs pb-13 ultra bandwagon and on to the diy Si bandwagon after multiple trips to Carps house. Not gonna go with 8 like him as I have klipsch, not jtr so I don't need as many as he has lol. So I'm going with four. Boxes are ordered. Subs not yet till I know which amp I get. Was planning on an inuke 3000dsp but archae wasn't sure if it would be enough to power 4. So then I figured a bigger amp would be better. For some reason I would like to stay in the dsp territory rather than get a mini dsp. Not sure why. I think I just like as few things as possible involved. Anyways I was thinking maybe instead of a more expensive single high power amp that dual inuke 3000's might be good. That way if I wanna play with location I will have delay settings in each amp. Thoughts on this? Thanks in advance. Excited to get this party started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-05-2013, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Yes if they're going to be spread out far enough having separate amp channels for each driver could be very helpful.

If they are only going to be within several feet of each other then you could just wire a pair of drivers together and run them off a single amp channel. A NU6000 would be best for that setup, with the D4 coil Si's.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-05-2013, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
well plan is to have two stacked in each front corner. but if they aren't real flat up there or have enough tactile feel for me i might move two near field right behind my couch.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page