help with bookself speakers + sub setup for pc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-18-2013, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone this is my first time posting, sorry if it's in the wrong section. I'm not very familiar with speakers or audio and am hoping I can find some help here. But i do know my $40 set of speakers and sub are not very good. I'd like to upgrade to something a little better. I'm trying to find a set of 2.1 speakers but from what I've heard a cheap entry level sub and speakers performs better than the higher end 2.1 computer speakers in the $150-$200 range. I have no idea what i need though, I thought it work by buying a sub and speakers, plugging them into the pc and voila getting music but apparently it isn't that simple. How will i go about plugging things in and what else will i need? I haven't purchased any of the sound equipment yet though.This is the setup I was planning to get, I'm not sure if the selection is good, so feel free to add your suggestions as well. A polk audio psw 10 inch sub, polk audio r150 bookself speakers, and a t-amp. It will be in my bedroom so it doesn't need to be super powerful, but i do like a lot of bass when playing video games (battlefield especially) and watching action movies. Thanks for reading and any help and suggestions. Here are links to the exact products if needed, as well as a picture of the i/o panel of my motherboard, if you need any other details feel free to ask.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-18-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 943
what do you have for speakers right now?

Listen. It's All Good.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-18-2013, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I was considering the same problem last night and came up with a different solution:

Speakers x 2 = $128 USD

Amplifier (note - this amp will drive both speakers and the subwoofer) = $98.80 USD

Subwoofer Cabinet = $71.67 USD

Subwoofer = $114.60 USD

TOTAL = $413.07 vs 422.51 CDN for your choices.

I'm not sure how the exchange rate would effect your purchase of these components. I've not heard either system, but I believe the DIY solution would smoke the system you selected, but then again, I'm biased. cool.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 08-19-2013, 02:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 59
The above suggestion sounds like a winner , but the TS might find it difficult to assemble the Overnight Sensation speaker kit, I would keep everyrhing and just replace the speaker with built ones or something that has finished boxes and just requires assemble of the driver and crossover.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page