post #1 of 56 Old 08-20-2013, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
**Donation Deadline - 14 September 2013**

Anyone else follow the Stereo Integrity facebook page?

I just noticed they updated their status last night indicating that they are planning on raffling off a 24" sub! I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet and thought this merrited it's own thread. They actually have more information on the Stereo Integrity Homepage as well.

Donation directions:

If you guys don't feel like taking 5 minutes to read the facebook post or the SI Homepage, here is a quick summary of what you need to do to get straight to donating:

1. Click here.
  2. *Note* Every $10 donated = 1 raffle ticket. (So a $50 donation = 5 raffle tickets, etc...)
  3. Click other on the donation form and enter the amount you wish to donate. Example as follows:
  4. Complete the rest of the form.

Bam! Done. Takes 60 seconds tops!

More information on the official fund raising event can be located on the National MS Society webpage here.

*Update 26 Aug 2013*

• The links and directions to donate above have been updated.
  • I see there is also a thread going over at HTS (here). Nothing against the shack, but I'd rather see an AVSer walk away with the sub!
  • All those who have already donated through PayPal are still entered into the giveaway eventhough the Paypal link was deactivated.
  • A consolidated list of all individuals entered to win will be forthcoming. If you do not see your name on the list, or you would prefer your name be removed from the list, please send me a PM and I will accommodate.
  • More updates to come soon.

Consolidated List of Donators: (As of 12 Sep 2013)
  • Adam S.
  • Alex W.
  • Andrew S.
  • Austin H.
  • Brandon P.
  • Brian K.
  • Chris L.
  • Chris M.
  • Daniel H.
  • Dylan R.
  • James P.
  • Jan H.
  • John J.
  • John M.
  • John V.
  • Johnathan S.
  • Kurt L.
  • Matt N.
  • Michael A.
  • Paul L.
  • Phillip M.
  • Robert L.
  • Sam W.
  • Uwe S.
  • More to come...
mjaudio likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 08-20-2013, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Great gesture smile.gif
post #3 of 56 Old 08-20-2013, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Nice. cool.gif
post #4 of 56 Old 08-20-2013, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemX View Post

Great gesture smile.gif

I thought so too.

Donate $10 for a good cause with the side benefit if being one of the first owners of this beast!

I did a bit of digging and found that Home Theater Shack has a thread going for the fundraiser as well. I know Nick posts in AVS on occasion, so maybe he can weigh in.

post #5 of 56 Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Definitely in for this one. Great cause
post #6 of 56 Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I will definitely be donating as well.

Thanks for the heads up on a worthy cause..

"Half the world is looking for Jesus, and the other half is looking for more bass..."
post #7 of 56 Old 08-20-2013, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I'll throw $10 in the pot. I don't know what I would do with the driver, but still. Definitely a worthy cause. One of my childhood friends was diagnosed as having MS a few years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 56 Old 08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
For a great cause, I'm in for a few.
post #9 of 56 Old 08-20-2013, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Thanks for the mention on here Austin. The woofer we will be giving away is the lower 0.5 Qts driver with the inductance that's half what we currently list on the 24's web page. Figured that would go over better for the DIY HT crowd. It's also how the final production drivers will look with the smooth dust caps and big aluminum "gasket" around the edge. I will be signing the magnet on the driver with serial number #001 because, technically, it is the first production 24" IB woofer of ours.

I really do appreciate everyone who donates towards helping MS research. Every other day I stick myself with a needle with who knows what in it (experimental drug that I'm not made aware of its actual contents) only to feel like crap the next day due to the side effects. But so far it seems to be working because I haven't had any relapses since taking the drug. Relapses are very scary and I hope that one day a cure will be found so no one will ever have to go through what I go through.

Thanks again guys! smile.gif
aspd likes this.
post #10 of 56 Old 08-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Glad to hear the wonders of modern science are helping you to get through it smile.gif

We really are lucky to be alive in this day and age!!
post #11 of 56 Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post

Thanks for the mention on here Austin. The woofer we will be giving away is the lower 0.5 Qts driver with the inductance that's half what we currently list on the 24's web page. Figured that would go over better for the DIY HT crowd. It's also how the final production drivers will look with the smooth dust caps and big aluminum "gasket" around the edge. I will be signing the magnet on the driver with serial number #001 because, technically, it is the first production 24" IB woofer of ours.

Oh, nice. Thanks for chiming in Nick. Serial #001 sounds official!

So, how are you going to be announcing the winner? Are you willing to post it up here on this thread? I see that you are going to be contacting the winner directly, but it would be cool if you could post it up.

Actually, I was thinking about this yesterday. It would be cool if you guys did an actual video of the raffle and posted the video for us to check out. Possible?

Quote:

I really do appreciate everyone who donates towards helping MS research. Every other day I stick myself with a needle with who knows what in it (experimental drug that I'm not made aware of its actual contents) only to feel like crap the next day due to the side effects. But so far it seems to be working because I haven't had any relapses since taking the drug. Relapses are very scary and I hope that one day a cure will be found so no one will ever have to go through what I go through.

Thanks again guys! smile.gif

Glad it's working, but sucks you have to go through that man.

post #12 of 56 Old 08-21-2013, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Done deal, happy to help out, Nick!

Also - You can add my raffle entry (Andrew Schutsky) to the highest donor's contributions. I've got enough subs for now. biggrin.gif

post #13 of 56 Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 AM

Well I received a phone call from Paypal today and had to take down the links for the donations. Everyone can still donate and be put into the raffle but they must do so through Terri's page which is now linked on our main web page instead of the Paypal quick links. mad.gif
post #14 of 56 Old 08-21-2013, 11:45 AM

Liked: 22
I donated a few days ago when I saw this mentioned on the IB forums. This is a great way to drive interest and awareness. I'm happy to help the cause and am excited by the idea that I could win this great new driver!

I'm not into "thumbs upping" or "liking". Don't take it personally. Just assume that I found your post helpful. Unless it wasn't.
post #15 of 56 Old 08-21-2013, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Well I received a phone call from Paypal today and had to take down the links for the donations. Everyone can still donate and be put into the raffle but they must do so through Terri's page which is now linked on our main web page instead of the Paypal quick links. mad.gif

I donated yesterday, is that donation still valid?

"Half the world is looking for Jesus, and the other half is looking for more bass..."
post #16 of 56 Old 08-22-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio View Post

I donated yesterday, is that donation still valid?

Yes it is still valid. I just had to jump through PayPal's hoops and remove the easy-to-use buttons. All of the donations did go through. smile.gif
post #17 of 56 Old 08-22-2013, 07:46 AM
The Truth Hz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Bumping to keep this up top....

C'mon guys, I mean, EVERYONE is doing it....

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

post #18 of 56 Old 08-22-2013, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Nick,

Can you post the cutoff date of when of when one can donate?

IIRC the drawing is on 14 September, right? What is the latest you will accept donation for the sub giveaway?

Also, since the PayPal button was removed, any other tips to ensure everyone is entered correctly?

If you like, I can run a consolidated list of names in the first post and # of raffle tickets for each person.

Transparency may give everyone a warm and fuzzy the they are in fact entered to win!

Just a thought. We can also do it by forum handle if people prefer and leave out the # of raffle tickets.

Doesn't matter to me!

Thoughts everyone?

post #19 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I can donate on the 1st. No extra $ till then. I hope the cutoff isn't before then. smile.gif
post #20 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 12:17 PM
The Truth Hz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Just make sure to put that SI 24" in a blank field on the form so you are entered. I just put it in the second address field.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

post #21 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Just make sure to put that SI 24" in a blank field on the form so you are entered. I just put it in the second address field.

That is the place I was thinking. Most addresses aren't two lines long. If they are to lines long, simply add "SI 24" somewhere else that's open. As long as you type it somewhere it will be noted.

The cutoff for the raffle is September 14'th.
post #22 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Nick,

Can you post the cutoff date of when of when one can donate?

IIRC the drawing is on 14 September, right? What is the latest you will accept donation for the sub giveaway?

Also, since the PayPal button was removed, any other tips to ensure everyone is entered correctly?

If you like, I can run a consolidated list of names in the first post and # of raffle tickets for each person.

Transparency may give everyone a warm and fuzzy the they are in fact entered to win!

Just a thought. We can also do it by forum handle if people prefer and leave out the # of raffle tickets.

Doesn't matter to me!

Thoughts everyone?

Yeah, that sounds great! Would definitely help me out a bunch. cool.gif
post #23 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, that sounds great! Would definitely help me out a bunch. cool.gif

NP. I'll try to work on it in the morning.

post #24 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 PM

Well it looks like I have to shut everything down immediately. Even though 100% of the donations go to a non-charitable organization (the MS foundation) I can not give away a subwoofer(s) to anyone that donates due to federal or state law.

The "raffle" (read - I am not saying this is the case) will still go on for those who have donated. Apparently this is a legal FUBAR to offer a potential gift (not guaranteed) for donating. Sorry guys. See this screen shot from a different forum:

post #25 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 170
That Sucks.

Is there no way you can change it into a Sweepstakes? Then those who donate get xx amount more submissions into the prize drawing.
post #26 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtg90 View Post

That Sucks.

Is there no way you can change it into a Sweepstakes? Then those who donate get xx amount more submissions into the prize drawing.

Apparently no matter how you do it you can not give away anything for any amount of money (free or $0.01) no matter what the cause or benefit. [sarcasm] Way to go legal system!![/sarcasm] Sorry guys. mad.gif

In today's PC world everyone has an equal right to everything. Technically those who donated zero still have the right to eleventybillion entries because they are who they are. I do not agree with that so I am closing the previously misconstrued "raffle" for fear of someone suing the company.

Austin may post something later...stay tuned.
post #27 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Subwoofer or not, it is worthy of a donation
post #28 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 11:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
it sucks, but otherwise it ends up being gambling and/or a lottery.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #29 of 56 Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
i'm not sure however, if you DON'T pick one at random, if it is either gambling or a lottery. that might be your way around it. look at the donor list and pick your favorite however you define that. another option is to auction off a subwoofer and donate the proceeds to charity. that way the high bidder gets the sub and that is definitely circle k.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #30 of 56 Old 08-24-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post

i'm not sure however, if you DON'T pick one at random, if it is either gambling or a lottery. that might be your way around it. look at the donor list and pick your favorite however you define that. another option is to auction off a subwoofer and donate the proceeds to charity. that way the high bidder gets the sub and that is definitely circle k.

I'm still giving away the specific products. Any/all information about this has been taken down.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page