SEOS Fusion 12 Tempest Build - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-20-2013, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a quick question and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have been reading a lot about the Tempest and Sentinel builds. I currently have the Klipsch KL-650 THX speakers for my front left, center and right speakers and was wondering how the Tempest or Sentinels would compare with the Klipsch THX speakers. I like the Klipsch but I feel I can get a little more dynamics, clarity out of either the Tempest or Sentinels for two channel and blu rays.

My listening is about 50% home theater and 50% music and I currently run a SVS SB13 Ultra dual subs. My movie preference is action and music preference is souther rock, folk, and country with a little hard rock as well. I'm a big fan of bands like Heart, Bruce Springsteen, Elton, Mumford & Sons, Gordon Lightfoot, Cat Stevens and Harry Chapin so as you can see quite a mix.

If I go this route I would probably purchase the flat pack as well as the crossovers. All my wood working equipment is in storage at this time and I would probably butcher the crossover build anyway. So if I have this right I would assemble the boxes, paint, stuff, install the crossover and then the waveguides and woofer. I know I would seal the waveguide and the woofer but what about sealing the ports? Do you use the same gaskets or silicone them?

Any and all advise would be great.

Thanks,
Ted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-22-2013, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone have any answers that could help me please.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-22-2013, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 250

I don't think you'll get an answer to your question regarding the speakers, I doubt anyone has heard all three. From what I read, those Klipsch speakers are pretty good but cost a lot more than a SEOS kit. The Tempest and Sentinel have a higher sensitivity so they would probably sound better at higher volumes, I really don't know...

http://www.audioholics.com/soundbar-and-satellite-speaker-reviews/klipsch-thx-ultra2/page-5

92db sensitivity and a decent freq response but only 150w rms. Compared to the Tempest and Sentinel which both have a 96db sensitivity and greater power handling. If you could sell the klipsch speakers for a decent price I would pick up a few SEOS kits but thats just me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page