After spending a couple of weeks reading and reading and reading...I figured I might as well ask some questions. I would like to upgrade my front R/L and enjoy projects so DIY it is! Here is my current set up... Onkyo TX-SR508 receiver, Polk CS-2 Center, Polk TSi-100's surrounds, mid '90's Phillips R and L, and a Bic F-12 Sub. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions on Towers for the front.
1. Not really into upgrading the receiver, so something that my receiver would be able to handle...
2. After I enjoy building the towers, I will probably want to do a center, so an established plan that has a center option as well would be great
3. Detailed plans ( for the crossover!) Total rookie in that respect. Would be fun to put it together, but minimal figuring things out would help in this area. I think a kit is the way to go for me.
4. I will build my own cabinets (great excuse for a new tool or two!). I do have some woodworking experience so this will be the fun part for me.
5. 60% HT, 40% music...give or take
6. Living room...15' deep, 16' wide...Listener's left opens up into the kitchen (1/2 wall bar thing btwn LR and Kitchen)
7. Front speakers are currently about 12" from the wall, TV sits on a cabinet currently
8. Bang for the buck...
Kits that have interested me...
Mini-statements, ER18 MTM, GR Research N3, ZA5.5tt/ 5.3, Tritix... ranging in price (for the components) from $770 to $260. Anything else?
Sorry for the rambling and thanks for any help you might have for me!