Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #1021 of 1022 Old 09-22-2014, 10:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1046
"other then the size. You really don't know how big it is till you have it in your room lol."

:-)

"I made my first two enclosures with the 3" high port that was 21" wide and 36" long in the standard full sized MartySub (ie: 2 ft by 2ft by 4ft) and was curious as to whether I should open them back up and add some wood to extend the port to 42"? Or, is the 3" x 21" x 36" port ok?"

the difference is only about 1hz. not worth changing imho.

Listen. It's All Good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1022 Old 09-22-2014, 10:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1046
"It seams like I really have to turn up my Inuke3000dps to get anything out of the sub.. It's bridged right now and I still have the dial cranked all but 3 clicks. I had to turn the gain up in the software to get it to really get loud. Any one else have a issue like that? I figured the Inuke 3000 would be enough to run this off just one channel. I'm running a yamaha rx-a2010 sub out to the inuke. I'm using a SI18 sub. Thanks, It sounds good now just didn't think I would have to turn it up that high.. I only turn my receiver up to about -38 to -34 db."

this seems to be causing so many problems for so many folks. i'm not aware of a consumer lfe/subwoofer output that will clip the input of the inuke. if anyone has an example, please let me know. so, just start with the gain all the way up on the amp itself and adjust the level in the avr.

if you have the d4 driver and are series wired for 8 ohms at the driver and running bridged operation on the inuke, it should be good to go.

be sure to check distance settings on the mains so good summation through the crossover region is achieved.

Listen. It's All Good.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page