Has anyone heard the Selinium D220ti and either DNA-350 or 360? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am about to start building new mains. I have one set of D220ti and horn from the econowave, but since I still need two more sets I got to wondering if the SEOS waveguide with the DNA-350 or 360 would improve the sound of my build as the cost difference is not too substantial. Has anyone compared these and what was your impression?

Thanks,
Bricktop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-15-2013, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I have not personally compared the two in a side by side a/b scenero, but I have heard the Selenium D220Ti in a 3-way Corn-Scala design, and the Seos-12/DNA-360 in a 2-way configuration, and to be honest, there were things that I liked better about the Corn-Scala, but I think that in a 2-way configuration the D220Ti would be a step down from the Seos/DNA-360.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-15-2013, 09:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 430
I have heard the 220 and the DE-250 which the 360 is supposed to be like. I am also getting some DNA-205's soon.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I just received a pair of SEOS12 today. I have the Selenium d220ti here. I also received the Dayton D250P and D250T compression drivers. I am also getting some compression drivers from Erich so I will be able to compare the DNA-350 as well.

I will be putting together a few kits with the TD woofers. These will use the miniDSP amps. The higher end ones will use the Radian 475PB. This allows for a simple upgrade path of using the Apollo TD woofers with the Beryllium diaphragm in the Radian compression driver. I am evaluating the other above compression drivers for the entry level option. I have used the d220Ti in the past with good results but Any of those are in a similar price range and I want to pick the best option for the kits.

John E. Janowitz
Acoustic Elegance, LLC
"Learn from the mistakes of others... you can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself"
post #5 of 5 Old 10-16-2013, 01:05 PM
The Truth Hz

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 715
I have the SEOS and dna360 in my build with some of John's TD12x's and the bottom. For surrounds I have the selenium d220ti mated to an eminence 10cx coaxial. I like the selenium for sure, but I feel the 360 does a little better. Obviously the dispersion patterns between the coaxial and the SEOS horn are different so it is a tough head to head, but I do get pretty excellent response from both. In panning surround scenes they all play quite well together too smile.gif

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page