Stentorians, or something like that. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-19-2013, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey guys, got a few questions, and am quite a noob to this. Have alot of metal working experience, but nearly zero woodworking experience.

BUT I have access to a full "masters" woodshop, my wifes father was an amazing woodworker, building everything from humidors, to custom guitars. He unfortunately passed away a few months ago suddenly at 52, before I got a chance to learn from him, but my MIL is keeping the entire basement shop setup for her daughters husbands (4 Daughters and 3 Son in laws =) and our children.

Sorry, anyways...

At one point, I had the room to stretch out a pair of Stentorian speakers, but recently bought a townhouse. My new theater room in the townhouse is therefore going to need much less power to run. As I can't really crank anything up without getting some angry neighbors.

The problem was/is I had already purchased 12 of the Aura NS6 speakers.

So i am curious what you think the best route to go with would be. As of right now I only have 2 polk mid level bookshelves, and a polk PS10. Was thinking about building a pair of Sten 2's and then moving the polks to the back.

My problem/concern is what to do for a center channel, you say the Sten 2 pretty much cannot be used as a center.

Do I build the Sten 2's and do something completly different for center channel?

Do I build the Sten 2's and build a full Stentorian MMMTMMM for the center channel?

Do I just sell these and buy another kit? Overnight sensations, or something along those lines?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-19-2013, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
No advice on what you should or should not do, but if you want to sell the NS6 drivers, I remember a few threads on here where folks wanted to build Stentorians, but couldn't find those drivers. In an apartment, any system is a waste. A HTiB setup will still be loud enough for noise complaints.

YID DIY
post #3 of 4 Old 10-19-2013, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10

Im in a townhouse now with dual concrete party walls, can get a little noise going. =)

The NS6's are for sale.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-26-2013, 10:56 AM

Liked: 12
How about building some os mtm's. They would work perfect in a townhouse
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page