AVS Forum banner
23K views 280 replies 46 participants last post by  Pain Infliction 
#1 ·
Box and driver are now ordered. Box will be double braced with a triple baffle and heavy liner finish. Box comes from www.caraudiofactory.com . I highly suggest anyone looking for a custom sub box use them. Their prices are very reasonable and they do quality work.

I will be adding this sub to a five channel setup consisting of two Yorkville U215s for mains, Yorkville U15 for center, and two Yorkville U15s as rear surrounds. Previous subs I've owned are single Velodyne DD-18, single JL Audio Fathom, two FTW 21, two Chase 18.2, two Chase 18.1, two Klipsch sub 12, two custom dual 15" subs, two Mtx 15" sub, two Cerwin Vega 15" subs, and two Bagend Infrasub 18 subs.

I hope this build comes out well. Ive always purchased my subs in pairs so it feels weird to purchase one at a time. But I do not have room for two of these monsters at the moment. So I will get by with one for now and get a second after my move in April. I also plan to get two to four Si 18s for my rear subs next year.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach  /t/1497217/swolephiles-si-24-assemble-yourself-build#post_23892307

Subscribed...

Thanks.
Thanks normally Im the one patiently watching other early adapters work out the kinks with new products here. However Ive chosen to be the Guinea pig on this one. Im not a graph guy but I do have ultra sensitive golden ears so I can quickly pick up on any limitations in upper midbass slam or low end grunt. I will not tolerate any driver that is not extremely musical. HT is my second love. Im praying this driver will excel at both.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1  /t/1497217/swolephiles-si-24-assemble-yourself-build#post_23892398

I'll be watching this one closely! While a slew of these 24"ers isn't cheap, I'd assume a hand full of them placed well would leave little to be desired, and we all know that SI makes good stuff.

Thanks. I know this driver is far from cost effective but for once I am purchasing what I really want without price being a deciding factor. I plan to add some 18s later since they are going for a great price but I lose money with more boxes being made. So im going big right now. Plus I love the aesthetics of huge equipment. I think its beautiful and looks like it means business.

Speaking of big equipment, I am eagerly looking forward to the culmination of your Seos build thread. Cant wait to see some monster mains with those large 24" waveguides!

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher  /t/1497217/swolephiles-si-24-assemble-yourself-build#post_23895977

Hi Swolephile,

Do they do box design or do you provide them with plans?

I am sure someone could sketch up a box on here or HTS forum and I could really use a custom sub.

They do box design. You just have to provide dimensions and hole cutout measurements.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher  /t/1497217/swolephiles-si-24-assemble-yourself-build#post_23896898

hmm I'd be interest in ported which would mean providing all of the specs and plans to ensure the tune is correct.

they don't list custom boxes on their site - Did you call them to set it up?

Yeah you have to call or email them to setup a custom order. Owner's name is Rob. He will be the one helping you. Though he will ask you to email your specific instructions for the order. Their phone number is1-800-423-8831and their email address is caraudiofactory@gmail.com

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher  /t/1497217/swolephiles-si-24-assemble-yourself-build#post_23899159

Hmmm maybe I can send them these plans:

http://www.istonline.ca/pagepics/enclosures/ixl18-2.jpg

Very interested in what you're doing here and will be watching

They can also follow your custom plan and build a ported box based on the aforementioned design.

#25 ·
Nick at SI stated my SI 24 should be shipping today. And the owner of caraudiofactory stated my box is being sanded today with the edges rounded off. So it will ship tomorrow. With luck everything should be here by friday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.