Two bass towers with three LMS 15 "in each - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Member
 
kiwijunglist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 16
looks very nice. I'm building bass towers too, but yours will be way nicer. I'm doing 2x 15" in each tower, but the towers can stack on top of each other so I can have 4x 15" drivers in a single location, but I can split them if wanted.

HTPC (MediaPortal) / Pioneer SC LX87 / Wharfedale Jade 7 Fronts, 5 Rears, 2c Center / DIY Sub
kiwijunglist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-03-2015, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Cobra-427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden/piteå
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijunglist View Post
looks very nice. I'm building bass towers too, but yours will be way nicer. I'm doing 2x 15" in each tower, but the towers can stack on top of each other so I can have 4x 15" drivers in a single location, but I can split them if wanted.
I was on your side and watch.

My first thoughts were to build 2x15 "but I thought I build upwards takes
not more floor space.
Then with six 15 "woofers in the room, I do not consider more
woofers.
It is sufficient, and becomes in the living room

Then it is better if one can place six separate in the room but in a living room does not work there because of all openings furniture, etc.

Sincerely, Roger
Cobra-427 is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 02:00 AM
Member
 
kiwijunglist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Like this.



Like this. 2x subs on top of each other.

HTPC (MediaPortal) / Pioneer SC LX87 / Wharfedale Jade 7 Fronts, 5 Rears, 2c Center / DIY Sub
kiwijunglist is offline  
Old 05-07-2015, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Cobra-427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden/piteå
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijunglist View Post
Like this.



Like this. 2x subs on top of each other.


A tough solution to have four pieces at altitude
Cobra-427 is offline  
Old 05-07-2015, 11:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
LTD02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 20,312
Mentioned: 379 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2293 Post(s)
Liked: 2487
@kiwijunglist


the concern is the motion of the drivers creating a rocking motion.


if the drivers are heavy and the cabs are light, it could be a problem.


depends on the driver employed. lots of subwoofer towers like that in general though. infinity irs system went six high. ;-)

Listen. It's All Good.
LTD02 is offline  
Old 05-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
STL D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 245
That is easily one of the finest DIY jobs I have ever seen. I'd never guess they weren't done professionally.
STL D is offline  
Old 05-08-2015, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Cobra-427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden/piteå
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post
@kiwijunglist


the concern is the motion of the drivers creating a rocking motion.


if the drivers are heavy and the cabs are light, it could be a problem.


depends on the driver employed. lots of subwoofer towers like that in general though. infinity irs system went six high. ;-)
You are quite right that you write LTD02.

But the tower weighs about 462 lb of woofers mounted and I use the adjustable feet.
With full rash on the woofers is about 41 lb.-44 lb. moving but I have tried prints
hard high on the tower but it does not move.

So I think I'll be fine
LTD02 likes this.
Cobra-427 is offline  
Old 05-08-2015, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Cobra-427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden/piteå
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL D View Post
That is easily one of the finest DIY jobs I have ever seen. I'd never guess they weren't done professionally.

thanks STL D

It was a good / nice comment such words they warm after all the of hours
been doing project

Sincerely, / Roger
Cobra-427 is offline  
Old 05-08-2015, 09:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
LTD02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 20,312
Mentioned: 379 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2293 Post(s)
Liked: 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra-427 View Post
You are quite right that you write LTD02.

But the tower weighs about 462 lb of woofers mounted and I use the adjustable feet.
With full rash on the woofers is about 41 lb.-44 lb. moving but I have tried prints
hard high on the tower but it does not move.

So I think I'll be fine
was not referring to your towers, just the 4 unit drawing mentioned above. ;-)

Listen. It's All Good.
LTD02 is offline  
Old 05-13-2015, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Cobra-427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden/piteå
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post
was not referring to your towers, just the 4 unit drawing mentioned above. ;-)
Cobra-427 is offline  
Old 05-13-2015, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Cobra-427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden/piteå
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Updating how it will look to have the speaker cable with copper pipes

I was incredibly pleased with the outcome




Cobra-427 is offline  
Old 05-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Senior Member
 
manuetdeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra-427 View Post
Updating how it will look to have the speaker cable with copper pipes

I was incredibly pleased with the outcome




That is some damn fine copper work, every old fart at the hall would be proud if he could call you his apprentice

manuetdeo is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Cobra-427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden/piteå
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Glad you liked the solution manuetdeo to make installation
of the speaker cable through copper pipes.
Cobra-427 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off