PEAVEY IPR2 5000 fan mod!!!!!! HELP!!!!! - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 144 Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Update: the connectors and pins listed above are incorrect. They are the exact form needed but 3/4 scale of what is used in the amp. Ugh!

So, don't order any of those.

I got tired of trying to track down the correct connector, so I just re-used the stock connectors by removing the pins from them.

Does anyone know what size the small fan is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 144 Old 04-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 82
If anybody has an IPR1600 and wants the specs of the built in fan, here ya go.

http://www.newark.com/adda/ad0812ub-a70gl/axial-fan-80mm-12vdc-260ma/dp/08R6665

Easily replaced with any 12v 80mm fan

Oppo 103D
Samsung pn64f8500
Pioneer vsx-82txs
And a bunch of DIY speakers and subs.
Coming soon: Dirac Room Correction
post #123 of 144 Old 04-12-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

That's interesting...I think most if not all of the other models are 24v.

post #124 of 144 Old 04-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Point Source

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2936 Post(s)
Liked: 2358
Did we ever figure out the right kind of plug for replacement fans?
post #125 of 144 Old 04-14-2014, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Did we ever figure out the right kind of plug for replacement fans?

No, I gave up and just re-used the factory connector. It is quick and easy.

post #126 of 144 Old 04-14-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 367

If someone can measure the dimensions of the plug and the distance between the center of the two pins (pin pitch) we could probably figure out what connector it is. Some better quality photos would also help.

I found this plug which looks similar but I have no idea of the dimensions

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0022012027/WM2011-ND/171991

DIY Sound Group: Information and Tips
post #127 of 144 Old 04-14-2014, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

If someone can measure the dimensions of the plug and the distance between the center of the two pins (pin pitch) we could probably figure out what connector it is. Some better quality photos would also help.

I found this plug which looks similar but I have no idea of the dimensions
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0022012027/WM2011-ND/171991

The looks like the one I thought was the one as well, but is a about a 50% scale model of the factory connector.
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70190555

post #128 of 144 Old 04-14-2014, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 367

Here is a larger one

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0009508021/WM2122-ND/172013

Sometimes you can find a model # or name on the connector itself.

DIY Sound Group: Information and Tips
post #129 of 144 Old 04-14-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

That looks more like it.

I will look again when my other amp arrives, but I did not see any numbers on the connector.

post #130 of 144 Old 07-08-2014, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hai i am located in suriname(south america) bought it on e bay 4 months ago,serial nr QABDG190797
But i do have code 33166 from where it can ship to me and how to make an account?,Please help my mobile nr is 5978751608.Greetings
Hai Sir i need this parts for my ipr 2 5000 : Irfs 4227 4x, 30418651 1x, ir 2110 1x 30n60a4d 2x
who can help me!!!
post #131 of 144 Old 10-01-2015, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1488 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by noah katz 

Really? Could you elaborate?

Sure! The Peavey has a more low-hum sounding fan setup where when I first cut it on, I almost felt like the the fan was loose inside the box. It wasn't, but that is what it sounded like. The Clones on the other hand had a more higher pitched fan sound more like that which you hear from a windows laptop. I can't really go much more into detail other than the peavey disappears a little easier under a decent level of content.

Quote:Originally Posted by noah katz 

That would be great if the Peavey use a standard connector that you can mate to - does it?

Looks to be the case here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL758 View Post
Here are the fans[IMG]
Quote:
Good. That would also confirm the fact that the smaller is indeed essential in the proper flow of air through the amp. I will say still, I have a little velvet "shroud" on the front of my amp to cover the lights. I electric taped it onto the top of the front face and let it hang freely down over the amp. When the fans get cooking, it blows that velvet up nicely still so the main outlet for the air flow would still be more-or-less back to front.
I am about to pull the trigger on the 7500. I have been reading up on a Middle Atlantic white paper about proper rack setup in respect to thermal/cooling management. My Crown DSi amps for LCR run air front to back and that was my design I was going to go for with a Middle Atlantic ERK-4025 rack. I am a student and learning and believe Peavey has their reasons. But why does air flow from rear to front? I don't understand at all...It would be sucking the hot air in the rear of my rack and trying to blow out into the cool air dropped down from a vent I plan on. Someone tell me the logic here...

I am going to try with fan mods as I plan on installing a door to match the wall in the rear of my room with insulation on the inside to contain fan noise. I also ae the option to install outside of room but will approach that when the time comes...

FTW21 Ported Build
Volt 10 build
I miss Giants baseball!
post #132 of 144 Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
But why does air flow from rear to front?

I believe the Peavey's air flow is side to side and not back to front.
post #133 of 144 Old 10-03-2015, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
I am about to pull the trigger on the 7500. I have been reading up on a Middle Atlantic white paper about proper rack setup in respect to thermal/cooling management. My Crown DSi amps for LCR run air front to back and that was my design I was going to go for with a Middle Atlantic ERK-4025 rack. I am a student and learning and believe Peavey has their reasons. But why does air flow from rear to front? I don't understand at all...It would be sucking the hot air in the rear of my rack and trying to blow out into the cool air dropped down from a vent I plan on. Someone tell me the logic here...

I am going to try with fan mods as I plan on installing a door to match the wall in the rear of my room with insulation on the inside to contain fan noise. I also ae the option to install outside of room but will approach that when the time comes...
In case you have not purchased the amp yet, I was looking at the IPR2 7500 as well as the Crest Pro Lite 7.5. From the information I found as well as asking different members their thoughts on these 2 amps at least to me the Crest seemed the better option. Regardless of which amp check out http://stores.ebay.com/AUDIOSAVINGS-...ICS-SUPERSTORE . The Crest was listed at 1050.00 I stumbled on their web site and decided to call since they have the best offer option I ended up getting the Crest for 800. based on that I would think you should get the 7500 for even less. In my opinion both are excellent amps one is built a little better than the other, I replaced the fans with the Evercool 24v 28db have not had any problems with heat, shutting down, noise etc. I used the factory connectors I realize cutting the wires pretty much messed up the warranty but I think if you buy a good product the less you have to worry about the warranty.
Just thought you might find this helpful.
post #134 of 144 Old 10-03-2015, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
In case you have not purchased the amp yet, I was looking at the IPR2 7500 as well as the Crest Pro Lite 7.5. From the information I found as well as asking different members their thoughts on these 2 amps at least to me the Crest seemed the better option. Regardless of which amp check out http://stores.ebay.com/AUDIOSAVINGS-...ICS-SUPERSTORE . The Crest was listed at 1050.00 I stumbled on their web site and decided to call since they have the best offer option I ended up getting the Crest for 800. based on that I would think you should get the 7500 for even less. In my opinion both are excellent amps one is built a little better than the other, I replaced the fans with the Evercool 24v 28db have not had any problems with heat, shutting down, noise etc. I used the factory connectors I realize cutting the wires pretty much messed up the warranty but I think if you buy a good product the less you have to worry about the warranty.
Yea thats great! The Pro lite 7.5 is the same design, essentially the same exact amp just beefier components inside. I can get the 7500 shipped for $750. I will ask on the Crest 7.5 Monday, thanks for the tip

As far as air flow I understand its side to side I just don't understand the logic behind this??? I mean these are built for PRO AUDIO applications. To be installed with a big stack of amps running near clipping for hrs on end. Coolest air will always be from the front! Inside a rack the air to the side of rear is going to be warmer so I was just confused on the design. Beast audio says his 7500 blows the flap of velvet up he tapped over the cover to dim the LED lights. So it flows out the front. Anyway...

But he also told me that we will never get them anywhere near the temps they do and any airflow will be fine for us in home use...

FTW21 Ported Build
Volt 10 build
I miss Giants baseball!
post #135 of 144 Old 10-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

I wish I had something negative to say about the amp but there is nothing. The stock fans stink when I ordered the amp I also ordered the same fans Beast Audio suggested. When the amp came I turned it on pretty loud. When I got the fans I thought I could buy an el-cheapo battery for a cordless phone from Radio Shack hoping the connector would work that did not and rather then deal with looking for the right connector I said the hell with it cut the wires used some solder and heat shrink took less than 10 minutes works perfect. I hate fan noise the amp is in my living room maybe 12 feet from where I sit the majority of the time I never hear it since I am just watching TV the only time is after I crank it and then the fans might come on for 5 minutes or so then shut down. I was very undecided about which amp so I called Peavey support. I was told both are very good the Crest has better components and is built to take more of a beating. Have no idea of how true this is but I was also told when a Crest amp is sold it stays out they very rarely see any come back for repair. Of course this could be part of a salesmen pitch? All I can say I like mine.
post #136 of 144 Old 10-03-2015, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I wish I had something negative to say about the amp but there is nothing. The stock fans stink when I ordered the amp I also ordered the same fans Beast Audio suggested. When the amp came I turned it on pretty loud. When I got the fans I thought I could buy an el-cheapo battery for a cordless phone from Radio Shack hoping the connector would work that did not and rather then deal with looking for the right connector I said the hell with it cut the wires used some solder and heat shrink took less than 10 minutes works perfect. I hate fan noise the amp is in my living room maybe 12 feet from where I sit the majority of the time I never hear it since I am just watching TV the only time is after I crank it and then the fans might come on for 5 minutes or so then shut down. I was very undecided about which amp so I called Peavey support. I was told both are very good the Crest has better components and is built to take more of a beating. Have no idea of how true this is but I was also told when a Crest amp is sold it stays out they very rarely see any come back for repair. Of course this could be part of a salesmen pitch? All I can say I like mine.
I agree with fan noise. I at the very least will have a insulated door over my rack in the rear left corner of my room. Do you think a a general wooden frame with 1 or two inches or insulation would stop the noise?

I have the option to put rack outside room but don't really want to.

FTW21 Ported Build
Volt 10 build
I miss Giants baseball!
post #137 of 144 Old 10-04-2015, 04:00 AM
Advanced Member

There is one way to find out and it might be a pain depending on how much is on your rack and that would be to just try it. I think if it were me I would also have a back up plan the fans I used were 9.00each. With the exception of screwing up the warranty by cutting the wires they are very easy to get too. If I can do it anyone can pretty simple. I would think if you put the amp in and the noise is tolerable you could return the fans. I think you should be okay with airflow but without actually trying it out not sure.
post #138 of 144 Old 10-04-2015, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

So I confirmed Audio Savings would give me the Crest Pro Lite 7.5 for 800. The IPR2-7500 is for 750. Both shipped obviously. I know the Crest 7.5 is just a "luxury" version of the 7500. Just not sure if spending the $100 is pointless. As in I will never use the max output of the 7500 and what am I really getting with Crest? Just a different physical look...I know it has beefier components but I'm sure real world testing would show its almost identical power. Even then after 2kw power per channel its small gains there...

FTW21 Ported Build
Volt 10 build
I miss Giants baseball!
post #139 of 144 Old 10-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Point Source

Quote:
Quote:
So I confirmed Audio Savings would give me the Crest Pro Lite 7.5 for 800. The IPR2-7500 is for 750. Both shipped obviously. I know the Crest 7.5 is just a "luxury" version of the 7500. Just not sure if spending the $100 is pointless. As in I will never use the max output of the 7500 and what am I really getting with Crest? Just a different physical look...I know it has beefier components but I'm sure real world testing would show its almost identical power. Even then after 2kw power per channel its small gains there...
The internal components are identical between the 7500 and the 7.5 with the exception of a few somewhat insignificant changes. There is a bank of 4 capacitors that are upgraded from 600uF to 1100uF in crest 7.5, and the power supply looks slightly different, but not necessarily any beefier. So what does the crest get you? Basically you are paying $100 additional for a few ms more of power capacity that you will not likely notice ever on real world content. IMO it is still worth the extra $100 (in my case, not your powell...) to buy the chassis that doesn't have those bright LED lights on the front.
post #140 of 144 Old 10-05-2015, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The internal components are identical between the 7500 and the 7.5 with the exception of a few somewhat insignificant changes. There is a bank of 4 capacitors that are upgraded from 600uF to 1100uF in crest 7.5, and the power supply looks slightly different, but not necessarily any beefier. So what does the crest get you? Basically you are paying $100 additional for a few ms more of power capacity that you will not likely notice ever on real world content. IMO it is still worth the extra $100 (in my case, not your powell...) to buy the chassis that doesn't have those bright LED lights on the front.
Yea, I may buy the Crest just because I have the lights gone. Even though I will rack everything behind a closed insulated door you never know what I will want to do in the future...

FTW21 Ported Build
Volt 10 build
I miss Giants baseball!
post #141 of 144 Old 10-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Point Source

It's be a little better for when the door is open and you are running full-tilt to find clip lights, compression, whatever. I like the look of the crest a little better too, but it is what it is. Nothing much from a performance standpoint is all.
post #142 of 144 Old 10-05-2015, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's be a little better for when the door is open and you are running full-tilt to find clip lights, compression, whatever. I like the look of the crest a little better too, but it is what it is. Nothing much from a performance standpoint is all.
Done now, I ordered two Pro Lite 7.5s at 800 per.

FTW21 Ported Build
Volt 10 build
I miss Giants baseball!
post #143 of 144 Old 10-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Now I am jealous I wish I had the room for more subs, one 7.5 in my opinion is pretty impressive pushing two HST18D1's I hate to think what two of these would sound sound like with more subs.
post #144 of 144 Old 10-05-2015, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Now I am jealous I wish I had the room for more subs, one 7.5 in my opinion is pretty impressive pushing two HST18D1's I hate to think what two of these would sound sound like with more subs.

Thats how it feels! I plan on one running dual FTW-21s ported and tuned to 15.75hz. They will look like refrigerators at 28x24x50 ish. In between JBL 4722s LCR all behind 12ft wide AT screen. The other will be running a pair of SI 18HT's on each channel. Single row of four seats with an "economy" 18 in the cheaper HT driver directly behind each seat back.

FTW21 Ported Build
Volt 10 build
I miss Giants baseball!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs