Has anyone built the dual opposed 10" flat pack from Erich - AVS Forum
DIY Speakers and Subs > Has anyone built the dual opposed 10" flat pack from Erich
Adam-DiVine's Avatar Adam-DiVine 09:20 AM 11-28-2013
I am looking to add a small (ish) sub to my 2 channel livingroom setup. I used to have a UFW-10 from AV123 that I was very happy with. Has anyone built the dual opposed flat pack from erich with the Dayton subs (either the ref or ultimax lines)? I was looking at using one of the Yung plate amplifiers with it. This would be for music only. What kind of output would one of these be capable of?

Adam-DiVine's Avatar Adam-DiVine 11:32 AM 11-29-2013
How would two of the anarchy tapped horns compare to single of the dual opposed 10's? Since erich just got the anarchy's going, maybe it would be better to go that route. Any input?
Adam-DiVine's Avatar Adam-DiVine 06:54 AM 12-03-2013
Any input?
jpmst3's Avatar jpmst3 06:59 AM 12-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam-DiVine View Post

How would two of the anarchy tapped horns compare to single of the dual opposed 10's? Since erich just got the anarchy's going, maybe it would be better to go that route. Any input?

I am not sure of what the output of each would be. However, I was using one of the ATH in my outdoor system and it was very capable at normal listening levels, and that was outside!

I think two in an indoor space, again at normal (whatever that is in this forum :plistening ) levels they would be fine, especially if you can corner load them. And, they will do it with much less power than the dual opposed.

Keep in mind, they are only 6.5" drivers so you are not going to crack plaster, but they have the nearly perfect response curve for music. I really enjoyed mine.

Also, you could probably sell them if you weren't happy. I couldn't imagine it, but...
Up
Mobile  Desktop