Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 42 Old 12-09-2013, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post

"Ok Guys so i think ive, narrowed it down to a pair of Mach 5 UXL-18 in vented boxes. Powered by 2x behringer ep4000's."

decent choice.

one better might be the inuke3000dsp, which gets you the dsp. on ebay for $269 or so right now. one for each.
enclosure: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1489541/large-ported-dayton-ho18s#post_23711347

port would need to be extended somewhat for a lower tuning, but that can be figured out simply enough.

there are countless ways of doing a cab about that size with about your target tuning. you could also do a sonotube if you like the missile silo look. whatever you can dream up.

Thanks for the recommendation. The inuke3000dsp looks interesting, i can also get it $100 cheaper up here in canada than i can the EP4000. Is the DSP worth the 1000W difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 12-09-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 944
both amps have the same real world power. the specs are just goofy marketing specs.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #33 of 42 Old 12-09-2013, 07:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

with a ported cab, the driver will go crazy and can get damaged under the tuning frequency, so a protective high pass filter is highly recommended. the dsp in the inuke is cake to use.
hybridfive likes this.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #34 of 42 Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

The inuke it is then! Pardon my ignorance but does the inuke offer a high pass filter? or is this something else i'd need to look at purchasing
post #35 of 42 Old 12-09-2013, 08:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

the dsp version does.

dsp is digital signal processing and includes several things...eq, high pass, low pass, delay, limiting...most anything that you would want to do.

you have 37 posts...your ignorance is pardoned. :-) just remember that by asking you helped out a few other folks who are reading and wanted to ask the exact same question but for some reason will never ask.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #36 of 42 Old 12-09-2013, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

just remember that by asking you helped out a few other folks who are reading and wanted to ask the exact same question but for some reason will never ask.
Thanks! My thoughts exactly. Ive always sort of been a lurker, and hoped people asked my questions haha!

Found a build thread i plan to add to my arsenal come build time. This is the look iam going for. Damn why do sealed boxes look so enticing to me!?!
post #37 of 42 Old 12-09-2013, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:

the dsp version does.

dsp is digital signal processing and includes several things...eq, high pass, low pass, delay, limiting...most anything that you would want to do.

you have 37 posts...your ignorance is pardoned. :-) just remember that by asking you helped out a few other folks who are reading and wanted to ask the exact same question but for some reason will never ask.
Quote:

I don’t know if this is pertaining to me to a degree but I have been checking this thread out all day for some clarification possibly. I see it took off in the last three hours though. I recommend the iNuk with dsp fairly often but had no idea it had all the functions you mention LTD. (I ought to know) Heck I was just talking to you VI PM trying to figure some things out. Well actually the last few months sort of. Anyway I see my reach out earlier in this thread has been answered to a degree and the rest PM. Since one side of my EP is out, I’ll be sure to go with a amp (if not the iNuk dsp I suggest) in the future when I do my next pro. Either or, this does correlate to what I have been bugging you about. wink.gif
Quote:
EDIT> Found a build thread i plan to add to my arsenal come build time. This is the look iam going for. Damn why do sealed boxes look so enticing to me!?!

That is one Gorgas sub indeed. As much as I like to build, I would never take that on myself (you’re talking about having it done I think) veneer is as far as I go. It/pg really has a nice sophisticated look to it. I see guys do it over here now and then though. cool.gif

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
post #38 of 42 Old 12-10-2013, 04:45 AM

Liked: 17
How would a pair of SI 24" drivers model sealed compared to the UXL's ported?

When life gives you lemons, punch life in the nuts. -me-
post #39 of 42 Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

As iam at work and cannot install WinISD Pro, i was wondering if anyone had any charts comparing a Sealed vs 20hz ported UXL-18?
post #40 of 42 Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 250

Ported is tuned to 20hz, 6cu ft, 20hz highpass, and 1000w.

Sealed is 4cu ft with 1000w.

hybridfive likes this.
post #41 of 42 Old 12-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridfive View Post

Following something like that UXL-18 is definatly feasable. Showed the girl 900x900px-LL-3b8aeca5_SAM_3309.jpeg she flipped out! Said two of those are a no go. Haha, ive got some convincing to do. 30" deep is a bit more than id like. As you can see from my current pics the SVS protrudes into my living room a little more than i want right now let alone another 3" plus grill.

I guess when you see it written as only 3 inches it dosnt seem so bad tho!

Do I spy and old W123 estate in the garage there? And what's under the car cover? smile.gif
Sorry, I spend the other half of time on the Benzworld forums!
post #42 of 42 Old 12-10-2013, 04:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

steve, wan't referring to you. you have 4800 posts, so if you have a question, i figure you'll ask away!

mrk, when using a high pass on the port tuning, you can often punch it back up a bit with a q=1.4-2.0, gain=1.5-2.0db eq without really increasing excursion much.

Listen. It's All Good.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Svs Pb13 Ultra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page