UXL-18 Subwoofer driver Group Buy (is now closed out/over/done/fini) !!!! - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1381 of 1388 Old 05-25-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 304
I ran a Peavey ipr2 7500 with two UXL's for a couple weeks and couldn't clip the amp with outrageous output I'd never use. Running four UXL's on same amp and still haven clipped amp yet. I've eq'ed four to be flat down to 8 Hz at 115 db's........anymore I cry "Uncle" way before the fore-mentioned combo does.

My Build Threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1388 Old 05-28-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post

When you include shipping, my number is dead on with the information given to me at time of posting. With price variations.........inevitably there are some design differences which warrant price difference, but over performance..........both amps come from same lineage.

doublewing...the IPR2 Group Buy, run by PDX this past December to January, had the 7500 at $650 plus shipping...with a minimum of six amps ordered.
Not saying you did, but obviously, if someone was within close enough distance to be able to pick up the IPR2 amp from PDX with no additional shipping, they would not include shipping in an apple-to-apple, broad-sweeping price comparison of the two amps since that lack of shipping opportunity is not usually available to most.

Having established that, let's say someone could get one 7500 close to that price now, say 670 plus shipping. If the best you can do on a 7.5 is $300 over that, so be it. I would ask anyone in that camp to PM me to further discuss pricing...biggrin.gif

However, since I know I was kind enough to recently give you pricing on the Pro-LITE 7.5, if you have a source from where a new, factory-sealed, A-stock, with 5-year warranty IPR2 7500 can be consistently ordered a single unit at a time for $300 less (with shipping or without) than the Pro-LITE 7.5 price I gave you, please let us know where and whom to speak to.

Now, beside the Crest pricing I gave you, I have no way of knowing what price information you were working with at the exact time of your posting...it is what it is, and I certainly do not wish, and can not, take issue with that.
As far as the lineage between the two amps, it is shared for sure. They share a good number of attributes, but as I have said, the amp engineer that designed them has indicated there are performance and hardware differences...and not necessarily in terms of output.

Of course, much like yourself, AVS Forum members must decide if differences between amps warrant any price difference.

I would maintain that any forum member interested in ordering a Crest Pro-LITE 7.5 (or other Crest amp) can send me a PM to discuss the additional features the Pro-LITEs have over the IPR2s, as well as pricing, and make their own decision on whether the price difference between the two amps is truly what you have communicated above. I know I have communicated with several folks so far who seem to feel it is worth it. biggrin.gif

If I have misrepresented something or you would like to discuss this further, let's cordially continue via PM, sir.

These amps are impressive and pair extremely well with the UXL18 drivers as well as many other subs.

you have a pm

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

post #1383 of 1388 Old 06-04-2014, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 70
If someone could help. When using winisd, I am looking for the UXL18 driver but am not finding it. Are you just entering the driver information or am I just blind?

Sub build

Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
Sub -Updating to Duals with UXL-18"s A bit different
post #1384 of 1388 Old 06-04-2014, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 68
you have to put the info in yourself it's not a default driver in winisd

or you can get the file from post 120 http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/14410-downloadable-winisd-pro-files-12.html
post #1385 of 1388 Old 06-04-2014, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagstaff View Post

you have to put the info in yourself it's not a default driver in winisd

or you can get the file from post 120 http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/14410-downloadable-winisd-pro-files-12.html
THank you, also got the info from LTD02!

Sub build

Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
Sub -Updating to Duals with UXL-18"s A bit different
post #1386 of 1388 Old 06-04-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Oops......edited due to fore mentioned files....

My Build Threads

post #1387 of 1388 Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Any chance of another group buy now that the driver is available again?

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

post #1388 of 1388 Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post
Any chance of another group buy now that the driver is available again?
That would be awesome, but I doubt it happens. His costs went up resulting in a price increase on the driver, so I would imagine that achieving a discount any time soon isn't very feasible.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page