AVS Forum banner

Stereo Integrity HST-18

14K views 135 replies 34 participants last post by  LTD02 
#1 ·
Check out the new kid on the block!

Quote:
Notes

This dual 2 ohm voice coil 18” driver, dubbed the HST-18, was sent in by Nick at Stereo Integrity and is one of the initial prototypes of SI’s new heavy duty, higher end drivers targeted towards the home theater market. This is a big bear of a 18” driver weighing in at about 70 lbs and boasting specifications like 35mm xmax @70% BL, 50mm mechanical clearance and 1500w power rating. The street price should be around $625.

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=driver&id=55

See less See more
1 1
#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic  /t/1508080/stereo-integrity-hst-18#post_24126570

The HST 15" and 18" uses the same motor found on our HS 24".

What is $410? And where did the "+" come from?
Same guys in both threads just assuming you still have to pay shipping but I'm on my phone.

I'm sure it will be a top performer

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic  /t/1508080/stereo-integrity-hst-18#post_24126570

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha  /t/1508080/stereo-integrity-hst-18#post_24126420

625+ vs 410.....

The HST 15" and 18" uses the same motor found on our HS 24".

What is $410? And where did the "+" come from?

I sent your htsales@stereointegrity.com an e-mail in regards to a potential group buy discussion. You may have actually got two e-mails. Outlook crashed when I was sending the first one, so I resent a similar note in case it didn't come through.

There is a group buy on the UXL-18 for $410 right now which is what HuskerOmaha is talking about.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1507423/uxl-18-subwoofer-driver-group-buy

Perhaps a bunch of guys looking to spend some Christmas monies?

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea  /t/1508080/stereo-integrity-hst-18#post_24126643

I sent your htsales@stereointegrity.com an e-mail in regards to a potential group buy discussion. You may have actually got two e-mails. Outlook crashed when I was sending the first one, so I resent a similar note in case it didn't come through.

There is a group buy on the UXL-18 for $410 right now which is what HuskerOmaha is talking about.

If this is about price over performance then you guys should look elsewhere besides the HST woofers. I think you can buy 14 Funk Pup 15's for the price of a sigle HST woofer.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic  /t/1508080/stereo-integrity-hst-18#post_24126669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea  /t/1508080/stereo-integrity-hst-18#post_24126643

If this is about price over performance then you guys should look elsewhere besides the HST woofers. I think you can buy 14 Funk Pup 15's for the price of a sigle HST woofer.

Ha, No not at all.

Group buys serve both consumer and vendor right? Group buy drives up product interest. Consumers get a slight discount on a set number of product, raise buzz on product, which in turn sells more product at regular vendor price.

I don't think anyone would expect a group buy price to beat the current UXL-18 price, but I'd wager there is plenty of interest in this particular product. SI has a solid track record with the previous 18" sub offering.

We wish you good luck in this product release with or without the participation in an initial group buy option.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic  /t/1508080/stereo-integrity-hst-18/0_100#post_24126686

I am pretty swamped with emails these days. If you feel that you should have recieved a response by now please re-send your email.

Me too.... Really swamped. So swamped I don't have time to send a 2nd email.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic  /t/1508080/stereo-integrity-hst-18#post_24126669

Really.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1508080/stereo-integrity-hst-18#post_24126732

If he is so swamped then hire someone to answer emails. When I email parasound Richard gets right back to me. If the uxl18 buy goes through you would think that the sales from this at regular price will be pretty good.

I am on the forums right now (at 12:58 AM) asking a forum screen name to re-send an email that he feels should have been answered earlier. We are much smaller than Parasound and may need more time to respond.

#24 ·
From the consumer perspective every time I have dealt with a company that didn't get back to me in 24 hrs I have ended up having problems . This is just my experience . I bought your si18 two months ago and love it. Just want something more impactful. I don't know what its like from your end.

#26 ·
No warranty is available on this item.

Specifications:

Y30 20oz Magnet

1" ASV Voice Coil

Single 4-Ohm

Foam Surround

Paper Cone

Stamped Steel Basket.

Fs: 45Hz

Efficiency(1W/1M): 88db

Frequency Response: 45 Hz-4.5 KHz

I don't Husker, with the right box...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.