Someone hold my hand - Page 5 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #121 of 128 Old 07-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Yes, that works! As does my fan!
However, you lose the ability to control the two subs independently (which I need).
Great! :-)

Look to see if "channel link" is on or off in the configuration tab. It should be off and you can set delay and limiter independently. If you need to adjust level independently you can adjust "gain" in the filter/crissover tab.

Last edited by splotten; 07-16-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 128 Old 07-16-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Thanks for the suggestion, but I just put the Y-cable back.
I tried the bi-amp setting just to see if it would help out Crash in the meantime.
How's it going, Crash?

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
post #123 of 128 Old 07-17-2014, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Yeah I'll get to that eventually. Right now I'm just trying to confirm that I have the best setup I can have before I start messing with actual power output.

Is there anyone around here that really understand these iNukes?

Sorry I'm a bit late to the game. The weather outside has been amazing and I have not had a lot of time to read through some of these threads, however, it sounds like you and I have a very similar setup (denon receiver, 3kdsp, 1 input, 2 SI D4 subs..) So, if you are still having a problem I'd be happy to help.
post #124 of 128 Old 07-19-2014, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Ok I'm thoroughly confused by this iNuke. The documentation makes no sense, and this software isn't helping me. I took a screenshot of my latest setup. I ran the iNuke in Bridged mode with the subs wired in series (8 ohm load). It's my understanding that in Bridged mode both internal amps are combined to form a single amp. Doesn't that mean 1 output and 1 input? I don't understand why I'm getting identical signals to both outputs (see screenshot). Also, with my setup wired the way it is, I actually get more output (on the iNuke software meters) in Dual Mono mode, even though the theoretical max power is much much lower. Lastly, before I made this wiring switch to Bridged mode, I had it setup with a single input and 2 separate outputs (4 ohms each). With it setup this way, I get the exact same readings on the meters for both outputs.

ALl of this was done with the gain knob for input A at the exact midpoint. Anyone have any ideas?
Crash

Have not read the whole thread, so might be missing your starting point, but
why are you using Bridged mode, with subs in series? instead of using one channel per sub?
If it's just to avoid an Y split before the amp, I would recommend the Y split cable instead.
I can not see the benefit of going bridge in your case, but possibility to get higher distortion and change in freq. response. You will not get more total power out of the amp in bridged mode, even if it seems like that. The rule I learnt is "double the power into double the impedance".
post #125 of 128 Old 07-19-2014, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey guys. I just got my y-cable from Monoprice today. I set it back up to stereo mode and cranked up the gains to 3 o'clock. Watched a good scene from Act of Valor and I was impressed. Now it's time to tune. First up... how to get my effective crossover below 20 Hz. I remember reading in another thread about setting up my first parametric eq filter to about -3 or -4 db, but i can't remember what the type was supposed to be.

Also, while I'm at it, what's a good basic cheap microphone to start with? Remember I'm not a huge audiophile.

Thanks for sticking with me guys. I'll try to snap a few pics of my final setup tomorrow.
post #126 of 128 Old 07-19-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Liked: 1477
post #127 of 128 Old 07-20-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Also, while I'm at it, what's a good basic cheap microphone to start with? Remember I'm not a huge audiophile.
Depending on your setup:

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...phone--390-808

or

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...phone--390-801

Great help here:

Basic REW for INUKE

Have fun!

Michael

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
post #128 of 128 Old 07-20-2014, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Pics as promised. My subs aren't as sexy as some that I've seen, but I don't really care since they're behind the screen. I love the acoustically transparent screen.

Also, my amp is plugged into an outlet that is a dedicated 20 amp circuit back to the panel.

I think my LCR's are going to need some upgrading. How difficult are those tempest designs to build, and how much $$$ for a set of 3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page