post #391 of 400 Old 04-16-2014, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Suntron isnt that a big old iron amp?

How much was one of those?

I know of a few other amps traveling around eastern asia that put out about 10000watts and cost about 800dollars and weigh 85lbs. But they wont ship that amp out of asia for some reason.rolleyes.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 400 Old 04-16-2014, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I believe the one I want is around $1000.
post #393 of 400 Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Still no clipping and seamless output....

No breaker pop and the bass is just endless. Just keep inching the volume up and it keeps getting louder. I think my house and my wife are my limiting factors now. biggrin.gif

I am loving this amp....a lot

Denon 4311ci with Mini DSP and antimode
L/R -DIYSOUND tempest towers (40" tall towers)
C - DIYSOUND alchemy 8
LS/RS - community D6

MACHTSUB SYSTEM
2-Stereo Integrity HST-18 D1 subs (happy dance) in dual 12 cuft ported tuned 16hz
Sub amp- inuke 12000dsp (byopc) bring your own power cord
post #394 of 400 Old 04-18-2014, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well, I got the dustcaps warm to the touch last night. eek.gif No Bad smells thank god. I reran audyssey before some friends came over and it really messed up my low end with a huge boost. I was demoing for some AV geek friends of mine and didn't check with Omni mic until they left. I had to pull 30Hz and lower down by 10db in the mini dsp! Not cool at all.

HST's were laying it down. It was so much fun to watch their reactions. Still not a clip or shutdown from the SP2-12000. I told the owner of the company i work I want to buy the amp (at a reduced cost:D). I will still make it available for demos for our customer.
ChopShop1 likes this.

C - DIYSOUND alchemy 8
LS/RS - community D6

MACHTSUB SYSTEM
2-Stereo Integrity HST-18 D1 subs (happy dance) in dual 12 cuft ported tuned 16hz
post #395 of 400 Old 04-18-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuckaman View Post

Well, I got the dustcaps warm to the touch last night. eek.gif No Bad smells thank god. I reran audyssey before some friends came over and it really messed up my low end with a huge boost. I was demoing for some AV geek friends of mine and didn't check with Omni mic until they left. I had to pull 30Hz and lower down by 10db in the mini dsp! Not cool at all.

HST's were laying it down. It was so much fun to watch their reactions. Still not a clip or shutdown from the SP2-12000. I told the owner of the company i work I want to buy the amp (at a reduced cost:D). I will still make it available for demos for our customer.

Sweet deal on the amp man! I have a pair of those coming or the 24z and can't wait. Your impressions of it being a bottomless pit have me so psyched!

I've come to the conclusion, as it seems you're coming to, that auto eq just isn't gong to cut it, shy of Trinnov or something of that caliber. I still wonder if a manual run can match or better it. I feel like anyone with a mic and some patience can probably do better than the machine. I was dead set on Trinnov, but a $20k experiment ain't happening
post #396 of 400 Old 04-18-2014, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

Sweet deal on the amp man! I have a pair of those coming or the 24z and can't wait. Your impressions of it being a bottomless pit have me so psyched!

I've come to the conclusion, as it seems you're coming to, that auto eq just isn't gong to cut it, shy of Trinnov or something of that caliber. I still wonder if a manual run can match or better it. I feel like anyone with a mic and some patience can probably do better than the machine. I was dead set on Trinnov, but a $20k experiment ain't happening

A PAIR!! eek.gif Nice! You will be impressed. How many 24s are you powering? Will you run 230 to the amps?

Also, I agree that the auto eq is not perfect and can get it wrong...often. I just don't have a dedicated space and extra time right now to really get it all dialed in (house is open platform and lots of extra noise from dog, kid, etc.). Theater room in basement has been masked out in tape and material list should be done next week so I can start ordering lumber-drywall-iso clips, etc. biggrin.gif

C - DIYSOUND alchemy 8
LS/RS - community D6

MACHTSUB SYSTEM
post #397 of 400 Old 04-18-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A PAIR!! eek.gif Nice! You will be impressed. How many 24s are you powering? Will you run 230 to the amps?

Also, I agree that the auto eq is not perfect and can get it wrong...often. I just don't have a dedicated space and extra time right now to really get it all dialed in (house is open platform and lots of extra noise from dog, kid, etc.). Theater room in basement has been masked out in tape and material list should be done next week so I can start ordering lumber-drywall-iso clips, etc. biggrin.gif

8 of em' on the way right now. Nick built some serious shipping crates for me since the suv wouldn't fit them all when we went down there.

That's exciting that you're getting ready to start the room man! Plan, plan, plan...sounds like you're doing it the right way, and certainly have the subwoofage biggrin.gif
post #398 of 400 Old 04-18-2014, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

8 of em' on the way right now. Nick built some serious shipping crates for me since the suv wouldn't fit them all when we went down there.

That's exciting that you're getting ready to start the room man! Plan, plan, plan...sounds like you're doing it the right way, and certainly have the subwoofage biggrin.gif

That is awesome! Nick really takes pride in his builds. You can tell just by having a conversation with him.

8- SI 24s sealed with 3k each?!?!?! Madness. I love it! Do you have a dedicated room?

C - DIYSOUND alchemy 8
LS/RS - community D6

MACHTSUB SYSTEM
post #399 of 400 Old 04-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

Hey Chop, I am really concerned about your mental health. Most folks on this particular forum are a bit abnormal to begin with and we all accept that, but 8 SI 24s??????????????. This has got to be the new height of (bass) insanity. I can't imagine the room you are going to need to actually use their massive potential. eek.gif
post #400 of 400 Old 04-18-2014, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is awesome! Nick really takes pride in his builds. You can tell just by having a conversation with him.

8- SI 24s sealed with 3k each?!?!?! Madness. I love it! Do you have a dedicated room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabea View Post

Quote:

Hey Chop, I am really concerned about your mental health. Most folks on this particular forum are a bit abnormal to begin with and we all accept that, but 8 SI 24s??????????????. This has got to be the new height of (bass) insanity. I can't imagine the room you are going to need to actually use their massive potential. eek.gif

Haahaha....I'm a little nuts, just ask anyone that's hung out with me for 5 minutes biggrin.gif What makes me feel better is that they say people who are really, truly mentally ill have no clue that they're nuts...as long as I'm aware, I guess I'm ok biggrin.gif

Lots of cubic footage in the dedicated room.. upwards of 7000cubes if it comes to the estimated measurements. Nick is soooo proud of these 24z, as he should be. I may be able to rustle up an interview with him of just how proud he is....j/k buddy biggrin.gif
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Danley Sound Labs Dts 10 , Pl380 By Qsc Audio
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page