Inuke's on sale! - Page 17 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #481 of 640 Old 03-22-2014, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jpmst3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Davidsville, PA
Posts: 8,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

I wish that there were some sort of write up, article, or reference post that walks a person through the iNukeDsp setup. I still don't have the used iNuke1000dsp's and the single iNuke3000dsp that I ordered from an eBay seller, but, I would really like to be able to read up on how to properly set it up as far as EQ'ing my left & right speakers, and subs & mid- bass cabs!

There are various threads regarding the DCX-2496. The DSP in the Behringer amps works the same way.

jpmst3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #482 of 640 Old 03-23-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I am looking to pick up a couple 1000dsp's or 3000dsp's.

Out of curiosity, doesn't anyone know if I could split the signal coming out of my AVR and run it to the L/R of the inuke and have one channel be 150 and up and the other be 150 and below for a midbass module?

Anyone know?

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is offline  
post #483 of 640 Old 03-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Bstloukal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: chicago suburbs
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes. You should be able to accomplish what your looking to do. I have not tried it yet but using the biamp mode you should be able to have the low end to the sub and the high end go to another driver. The link here should show you the biamp and how to hook it up
http://www.behringer.com/assets/NU6000DSP_NU3000DSP_NU1000DSP_M_EN.pdf
Bstloukal1 is offline  
post #484 of 640 Old 03-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Member
 
whitey019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yes you can do that. Run the output from your AVR to each Ch A input of two inukes and use either modes Bi-amp 1 or 2 and run corresponding output to the correct speaker (one amp for the left and one for the right). You can also do this with the non-dsp version, but would be limited to the 150Hz hi/lo-pass filter. The DSP version provides a lot more flexibility.

Too slow: Bstloukal1 beat me to it, while I checked the software settings on my laptop.
whitey019 is offline  
post #485 of 640 Old 03-23-2014, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 790
Sorry how would you do this exactly? I was thinking about it early and I'm running two subs off of a iNuke 6000DSP in stereo more, one sub per channel. And when I EQ'd them a little in the PEQ settings to lower and boost certain frequency's it doesn't give me the option for either the A or B channel. It only lets you do them together.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
jbrown15 is online now  
post #486 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jpmst3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Davidsville, PA
Posts: 8,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Sorry how would you do this exactly? I was thinking about it early and I'm running two subs off of a iNuke 6000DSP in stereo more, one sub per channel. And when I EQ'd them a little in the PEQ settings to lower and boost certain frequency's it doesn't give me the option for either the A or B channel. It only lets you do them together.

It sounds like you have the channels "linked". Try unlinking them and the settings should be independent for each channel. From there you should be able to set your crossovers to achieve what you desire.

jpmst3 is offline  
post #487 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Martycool007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 146
So with the iNuke3000dsp it is possible to go from the subwoofer out of an AVR and have one channel on this iNuke3000dsp go to a sub covering from say...20hz to 80hz and then the other channel going to a mid-bass cabinet covering say...60hz to 150hz?

What would be the ideal way to do this if you have two mid-bass cabinets and two subs, and two iNuke3000dsp's? Could you split the signal coming from your AVR into two iNuke's for this purpose?
Martycool007 is online now  
post #488 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jpmst3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Davidsville, PA
Posts: 8,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

So with the iNuke3000dsp it is possible to go from the subwoofer out of an AVR and have one channel on this iNuke3000dsp go to a sub covering from say...20hz to 80hz and then the other channel going to a mid-bass cabinet covering say...60hz to 150hz?

What would be the ideal way to do this if you have two mid-bass cabinets and two subs, and two iNuke3000dsp's? Could you split the signal coming from your AVR into two iNuke's for this purpose?

Yes and yes.

This was answered above. You can set the crossovers on each channel independently, that is why they are there.

You can split the output to either multiple channels and/or multiple amps.

jpmst3 is offline  
post #489 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 230

Last day of the PE Spring sale.

I couldn't see buying the 1000 for $190 when I could get the 3000 for $255.

So I'm getting an NU3000DSP when they're back in stock.

I don't even know what I'm doing with it, yet!

:D


Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
post #490 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Member
 
whitey019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

So with the iNuke3000dsp it is possible to go from the subwoofer out of an AVR and have one channel on this iNuke3000dsp go to a sub covering from say...20hz to 80hz and then the other channel going to a mid-bass cabinet covering say...60hz to 150hz?

What would be the ideal way to do this if you have two mid-bass cabinets and two subs, and two iNuke3000dsp's? Could you split the signal coming from your AVR into two iNuke's for this purpose?

You need to use Dual-Mono Mode rather than Stereo Mode and then you will have separate Filter/PEQ/DEQ/Delay/Limit settings for each channel.
whitey019 is offline  
post #491 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Last day of the PE Spring sale.
I couldn't see buying the 1000 for $190 when I could get the 3000 for $255.
So I'm getting an NU3000DSP when they're back in stock.
I don't even know what I'm doing with it, yet!
biggrin.gif

I bought two also!

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is offline  
post #492 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Martycool007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post

You need to use Dual-Mono Mode rather than Stereo Mode and then you will have separate Filter/PEQ/DEQ/Delay/Limit settings for each channel.

So would this be the optimal way to integrate and power some mid-bass cabinets along with subs? This would probably work up to the LP point that my AVR has on the LFE channel. I wonder how I could setup two subs powered by a single iNuke3000 and two mid-bass cabs powered by a single iNuke1000dsp? Split the LFE out with a Y cable at the output on my AVR? What if I want to have the mid-bass cabs go up higher than the highest LP option on my AVR? Ie, if the LP on my AVR only goes up to say..120hz or 150hz, and If I wanted go cross my mid-bass cabs at 200hz, how would that work?
Martycool007 is online now  
post #493 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Senior Member
 
dwaleke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
You want to split your left/right preamp output to your midbass units. Leave your LFE alone. That's how I would do it. Are you driving your left/right with a separate amp currently?
dwaleke is offline  
post #494 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jpmst3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Davidsville, PA
Posts: 8,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

So would this be the optimal way to integrate and power some mid-bass cabinets along with subs? This would probably work up to the LP point that my AVR has on the LFE channel. I wonder how I could setup two subs powered by a single iNuke3000 and two mid-bass cabs powered by a single iNuke1000dsp? Split the LFE out with a Y cable at the output on my AVR? What if I want to have the mid-bass cabs go up higher than the highest LP option on my AVR? Ie, if the LP on my AVR only goes up to say..120hz or 150hz, and If I wanted go cross my mid-bass cabs at 200hz, how would that work?

Yes, this is what these amps and EQs were designed to do.

jpmst3 is offline  
post #495 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
tential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 609
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Parts Express won't charge my CC until the product is instock right?
tential is offline  
post #496 of 640 Old 03-24-2014, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 230

No, they won't charge it until it ships.

Theoretically. ;)


Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
post #497 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Martycool007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post

You want to split your left/right preamp output to your midbass units. Leave your LFE alone. That's how I would do it. Are you driving your left/right with a separate amp currently?

Thanks for the reply! I believe others have told me to use the Left & Right speaker pre-outs as well, but, I never fully grasped how that would work. Will my Denon AVR-3310 send a signal to the Left & Right speaker pre-outs while also sending a signal to the Left & Right speaker binding post? So would I just hook up the iNuke1000dsp to the pre-outs as you described and set the LPF, HPF, and EQ in the iNuke? Then leave the speakers alone on the binding post?

Currently I don't have my mains hooked up to a separate amp, but, at some point I do plan to add an additional iNuke1000dsp to power the Left & Right speakers. When I do this, how would the other iNuke1000dsp that would be powering my mid-bass cabinets need to be hooked up since both would need to share the same pre-out?

Being that I would then need connections to two iNuke1000dsp amps to the same pre-out for the Left & Right speakers, and my duel mid-bass cabs, would I then just use a Y splitter out of each L+R pre-out, or should I just hook up one iNuke to each Left & Right speaker pre-out and have one channel power, EQ, and HPF/LPF the mid-bass cab on that channel, and have the other channel on the iNuke power the corresponding speaker that is also on that pre-out?
Martycool007 is online now  
post #498 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Member
 
scotsman8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
so what fans are recommended for the inuke6000dsp?
scotsman8 is offline  
post #499 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
laugsbach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 2,597
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman8 View Post

so what fans are recommended for the inuke6000dsp?

There are plenty to pick from but I just installed this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000234W0E/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
laugsbach is offline  
post #500 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 03:30 PM
Senior Member
 
dwaleke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

Thanks for the reply! I believe others have told me to use the Left & Right speaker pre-outs as well, but, I never fully grasped how that would work. Will my Denon AVR-3310 send a signal to the Left & Right speaker pre-outs while also sending a signal to the Left & Right speaker binding post? So would I just hook up the iNuke1000dsp to the pre-outs as you described and set the LPF, HPF, and EQ in the iNuke? Then leave the speakers alone on the binding post?

Yes that is what I would do. The preamp outputs always output a signal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

Currently I don't have my mains hooked up to a separate amp, but, at some point I do plan to add an additional iNuke1000dsp to power the Left & Right speakers. When I do this, how would the other iNuke1000dsp that would be powering my mid-bass cabinets need to be hooked up since both would need to share the same pre-out?


Being that I would then need connections to two iNuke1000dsp amps to the same pre-out for the Left & Right speakers, and my duel mid-bass cabs, would I then just use a Y splitter out of each L+R pre-out, or should I just hook up one iNuke to each Left & Right speaker pre-out and have one channel power, EQ, and HPF/LPF the mid-bass cab on that channel, and have the other channel on the iNuke power the corresponding speaker that is also on that pre-out?

I would use a Y cable, but your second method might work. I don't have a dsp inuke so I cannot say for certain.
dwaleke is offline  
post #501 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
wlhungdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 575
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I bought two also!

same here... stock due on 4/4... with the spring sale, and AMEX's generous 150 off 500 offer... works out to $360 shipped for a pair of 3000dsp's. smile.gif

If you want a really good one, you'll have to learn a foreign language. german, for instance...
wlhungdude is offline  
post #502 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Member
 
Boomassiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 19

?AMEX 150 off?  Didn't know about this.

Boomassiv is offline  
post #503 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Member
 
BadmanSound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yes please expand on the offer. Was looking to snag a pair of inuke dsps. Initially a 6k and 1k, but additional savings might sway me towards a 3k
BadmanSound is offline  
post #504 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
wlhungdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 575
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
targeted offer for the 150, but there is an available 100 off 500 purchase offer available when opening a new Blue Cash Everyday card. quick google search brings it up. sorry for the off topic discussion, but ************** finance forum has this and many, many more ways to save, and even make $, in very clever ways.... moral or ethical ways, different story wink.gif

If you want a really good one, you'll have to learn a foreign language. german, for instance...
wlhungdude is offline  
post #505 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
wlhungdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 575
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
sorry for the censored website, but apparently it's not ok to discuss having a FAT, as in not thin, WALLET, when visiting a favored (dot) COM. and promoting them would probably earn another infraction point. rolleyes.gif
so consider yourself warned...

If you want a really good one, you'll have to learn a foreign language. german, for instance...
wlhungdude is offline  
post #506 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman8 View Post

so what fans are recommended for the inuke6000dsp?

I used this that were recommended by another member
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835226034&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6155355&SID=1co6hpjgq7bh7

No wire cutting or soldiering required, so the fan swap out went pretty easy.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
jbrown15 is online now  
post #507 of 640 Old 03-25-2014, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 230

One red and one yellow?

:eek:

:D


Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
post #508 of 640 Old 03-26-2014, 04:49 AM
Member
 
noysboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman8 View Post

so what fans are recommended for the inuke6000dsp?

I used this that were recommended by another member
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835226034&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6155355&SID=1co6hpjgq7bh7

No wire cutting or soldiering required, so the fan swap out went pretty easy.

Im using the red version of these on 5 inukes and everything is great. Even with reduced airflow, the amps never get too hot, even after long bass sessions.
noysboy is offline  
post #509 of 640 Old 03-27-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 260
I just got a notification that my 2 inuke 3000dsp's have shipped from PE, thought it wouldn't be for another week or so.

I have never used a pro amp. How do I connect these to my JTR speakers? Is there an adapter I can buy/order that will allow me to connect?

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is offline  
post #510 of 640 Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 230

Mine, too. Can't wait for the free baseball cap.


Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off